Can't enter Dawntar sanctuary

Wolrajh

Hello,

So, as the title suggested, I can't enter the Dawnstar Sanctuary during the related DB quest.

To be fair I had some issues with the previous quests :

- After assassinating the emperor's cousin, Astrid aknowledged the kill, told me to go talk to Gabriella... Who had nothing to tell me. I had to reload, tweak, and when I almost gave up, Astrid suddenly said something new to me and I could get the quest.

- After ( finally ) getting the next quest and after completing it ( killing the Maro son ), Gabriella thanked me and told me to go back to Astrid ( Cicero's berserk moment ). Everyone was gathered in the main room but nobody had anything special to tell me - the whole Astrid event never started. Cicero was still in his room. After a few reload, she finally managed to explain the situation to me.

- I took the quest, grabbed C's journal after reading it, got sent to Dawnstar Sanctuary with that good ol' Shadowmere, talk to Arnbjorn, and.... that's it. I do not have the "Innocence, my brother" line to tell the door. After many reload, wait time, and even a rollback, nothing.

So, tl;dr : Don't have the proper dialogue option with the door to be granted entry in the DS sanctuary during the related DB quest. Any tips? Any command line? :/

Hello,

So, as the title suggested, I can't enter the Dawnstar Sanctuary during the related DB quest.

To be fair I had some issues with the previous quests :

- After assassinating the emperor's cousin, Astrid aknowledged the kill, told me to go talk to Gabriella... Who had nothing to tell me. I had to reload, tweak, and when I almost gave up, Astrid suddenly said something new to me and I could get the quest.

- After ( finally ) getting the next quest and after completing it ( killing the Maro son ), Gabriella thanked me and told me to go back to Astrid ( Cicero's berserk moment ). Everyone was gathered in the main room but nobody had anything special to tell me - the whole Astrid event never started. Cicero was still in his room. After a few reload, she finally managed to explain the situation to me.

- I took the quest, grabbed C's journal after reading it, got sent to Dawnstar Sanctuary with that good ol' Shadowmere, talk to Arnbjorn, and.... that's it. I do not have the "Innocence, my brother" line to tell the door. After many reload, wait time, and even a rollback, nothing.

So, tl;dr : Don't have the proper dialogue option with the door to be granted entry in the DS sanctuary during the related DB quest. Any tips? Any command line? :/

I'm not a teckie... but I have found that many of the glitches in many vanilla quests are resolved by saving, exiting the game completely (to desktop) reloading, and reentering previous location. For example, I entered DB sanctuary (where Momma is) and most of the statics were gone... weird. I shut the game own, without saving. Reloaded, reentered, all fine. Now when a quest seems to misfire, or not advance, etc., I do just as I described above, however, before re-entering the 'problem' location, I go somewhere else, enter a new 'inside' location, and then travel back to 'problem' location. Re-enter. Usually 'fixs" the quest progression. Worst case if you do this, Fearless leader says "Hey you, get back to work on your contract, yada, yada,... now go to Dawnstar DB Sanct... should be OK. If not (sorry) its beyond me.... (lets hope)

Edited by elanaagain

Tried it in almost every ways I could imagine... Still no luck :( I even managed to load an older save ( before I started the previous step, killing Maro's son ), and nothing. Same bugs happened all over again.

I know how to flag my quest so that "enter the Sanctuary" is considered done, but it won't fix the door which will still ask for the correct answer.

I guess what I need is a way to add this answer to my available choices, since the game didn't do it properly. Maybe I can find something with the creation kit... It's sad, really, I was enjoying the whole DB storyline, but those sudden bugs killed the fun :/

Well messing around with the creation Kit, I found most of the IDs...

In the end I summoned the console, typed:

PrID 0001951A
enable
PrID 00019517
disable
setstage DB07 40

With the first two lines I select the invisible, real "teleporting" door, and then make it visible, while the two following lines select the "riddle" door and hide it.

Last line forces the game into the next stage of this quest...

Talk about rubberband.

Not sure yet as how this will affect my game, I sure hope it won't be too bad :x