• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

1wolffan

1wolffan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I am also having this problem. But when I try to manually install from file, the manager "encounters an error and needs to close" but when you load it back up the actual download you were attempting is suddenly complete AND you have two copies of the mod in the list. And who knows which one is the 'real' one.

BTW: It's practically always 99% for me...

Raqriz

Raqriz

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
same thing here,always stops at 97% =_=

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,317 posts
Look at the file size of the downloaded mod on your computer - compare it to the mod file size on the site. If it does not match, then you have an incomplete or corrupt download.

canyouhelpme

canyouhelpme

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it ALSO drops out with downloading it manually too :o robin scott plzzzz fix this i love your sites :(

ozziefire

ozziefire

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
I have the same problem as above, the same files fail at the same percentages everytime, it's a waste of time trying anymore, I think I'll just go back to manually downloading.

I only installed NMM because I wanted to start modding Skyrim, and initially ir seemed pretty reasonable quality, but it fails on basic purpose functionality, I don't see a lot of encouragement to use it if people can't download my mods reliably, it's a bit sad that something simple as a download system has been screwed up since May, a "New" downloading system may have been installed in August, but the problem still persists. Along with the other manual download issues I've experienced in NewVegasNexus that have all been around since Nexus went to it's "improved" iPhone width screen format 2 years ago.

Yeah, I can do the workaround, but there are probably plenty of people who can't or just assume a mod file is gabonky and give up. I can't wait for someone to write a replacment for this like FOMM for Skyrim. FOMM may crash occassionally but at least it Installs and Sorts reliably.

Edited by ozziefire, 12 October 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Mookeylama

Mookeylama

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,851 posts
everything i try 'n dl today is giving incompletes. 300,000kb i can kinda see, but it's happening w/ even just 78,000kb. i've gotten a few incompletes before but few and far between and usually just huge dls. don't know what's up today

edit: geez almost nothing's loading not even 28000kb

residentevil789

residentevil789

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Now everything I try to download isn't complete anymore. Even with the most lightest files.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Faithful poster

• Staff
  • 1,094 posts
Delete every partial file in the downloads folder (inside NMM's mods folder for that game), then retry, if it keeps happening then download the mod manually and then add it to NMM using the "Add mod from file" button on the left bar.
The download system update is almost complete and should solve all these problems (out next week).

saphira1

saphira1

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
ya so far it hapen on file tord 20mb or more but also im having ishe of it ether lok snmm when it the downlode ether qwet or gose super slow and i have download limet and some time i realy need to pase mods but it alwe lok up and then tsart the mod over when i unpose it

residentevil789

residentevil789

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Delete every partial file in the downloads folder (inside NMM's mods folder for that game), then retry, if it keeps happening then download the mod manually and then add it to NMM using the "Add mod from file" button on the left bar.
The download system update is almost complete and should solve all these problems (out next week).

I already did that still doesn't work and manual download will only cut me off half way. So I hope the new update will fix this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hades995
Page loaded in: 0.923 seconds