[Trailer/WIP] Falskaar - A New Lands Mod

AlexanderJVelicky

Very Nice

Just one bit of advice - sure you have already thought of it - but Bethedsa often avoid the Good humans / Bad Humans routine as in their Stromclokes / Imperial story line where neither side is `good` - this makes it a least a bit closer to reality i.e Yes Hitler was a really bad guy but Stalin who we helped to crush him (80% of German losses are on the Eastern front) was probably just as bad. The world is shades of grey and almost never black and white.

But again as the first comment this is looking very very good - sorry for spelling dyslexia

True, and that would apply, but my bad guy is kind of different. The Stormcloaks vs Imperials is more, two men/groups who want to lead their people. They both think they can do it right and should lead.

With Falskaar it's more like, the people want one man to lead, and the other guy wants to rule and enslave them. I guess you could say that from some perspective the bad guy isn't evil, if you're okay with him killing you and your family, taking your land and money, and gaining ultimate power.

And Beth doesn't avoid it, they just didn't have it in that one situation. They certainly depicted Alduin as blatantly evil. They depicted the Enclave as fairly bluntly evil. So it just didn't happen in this one case.

But that's all the more reason that my 'civil war' is unique and entirely different from the one in Skyrim. :D

Edited by AlexanderJVelicky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm

well - The Enclave is a secretive military organization who are believed to have descended directly from members of the pre-War United States government, and military industrial complex, claiming to be the legal continuators of the state, and styling themselves as such. - makes them hardly `evil` just political i.e a different viewpoint

and

Alduin was a god and so kind of outside the `good - evil` paradigm more a kind of force of nature

Sill its yr mod - u are doing something way outside my skill - so I will play it and hopefully fall into the story you weave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

O.K well to help keep this in the air three quick questions

I see that you are hoping to release now sometime in early 2013 is that still the case?

I also wonder compaired to skyrim main game what kind of size landmass are we looking at?

I have a reasonable number of MODs installed but I susspect Falskarr will be far bigger than most what kind of mods will I be able to keep enabled to play Falskaar when it is released and which kind do you think I may need to turn off?

Steve

O.K well to help keep this in the air three quick questions

I see that you are hoping to release now sometime in early 2013 is that still the case?

I also wonder compaired to skyrim main game what kind of size landmass are we looking at?

I have a reasonable number of MODs installed but I susspect Falskarr will be far bigger than most what kind of mods will I be able to keep enabled to play Falskaar when it is released and which kind do you think I may need to turn off?

Steve

1. I actually just delayed it to Early 2013. It was originally this Fall (Now) but it's taking longer than expected. I now hope to finish in mid January, but I could see it potentially spilling over into February. I want to do this right and make sure it's fairly bug free upon release, so that will largely dictate when it's 'complete'.

2. It's quite a bit smaller as I'm only one person, but it's still fairly large. It's going to be the size of roughly 2-3 Skyrim holds combined, though it's hard to say exactly.

3. I'm doing my best to do everything in a compatable manner. So far there are no mods that you'll have to turn off for sure, and I'm doing my best to conflict with as few as possible. It's going to be more of a 'those mods wont affect Falskaar without a patch on their part' than it will be a 'those mods break Falskaar'. So big mods like Frostfall, etc will just need to make patches to affect Falskaar as well. However, I'm still trying to work in a manner so that those large scale mods that everyone uses can make patches very easily, hopefully encourages many of them to do so.

So hey dude, do you need any new assets done? Im doing a chittin weapon pack from Morrowind at the moment, maybe I can do something for you in the future, this trailer sounds very interesting!

Here is something I've done so far.

Thank you for the offer, but I already have a few people working on minor things for the mod. Falskaar doesn't add anything major like entire new armor sets or anything like that (At least not playable ones), just a few minor story things and some other details. If I need another modeller I'll post about it everywhere so keep an eye out if you're interested!

Interested in voice acting for Falskaar? Now is your chance to join the cast of almost 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors in voicing the massive amount of new and unique roles, as several roles are now available! I will be holding public auditions (To be opened within a few days hopefully) where you can audition for the roles you would like! Keep an eye out for more details and an announcement when I open up auditions!