0xc000007b ERROR

JainLightpulse

When I was moving to my newer (not to mention better) computer, I made to sure to take Skyrim along. Now it just flat out won't run. It started with a XAUDIO1_7.dll error, then moved on to XINPUT1_3.dll error, and now I'm getting a 0xc000007b error. I've tried updating DirectX, uninstalling all mods, the works, and Skyrim still refuses to run because of this cryptic error. Can anyone help/offer suggestions?

Net Framework error, corrupt registry file or a corrupt .dll or you might have 32 bit and 64 bit mixed files.

How did you "take" Skyrim to your new computer?

First check is a virus scan as you say its been happening on other .dll files. Sounds suspicious to me.

Net Framework error, corrupt registry file or a corrupt .dll or you might have 32 bit and 64 bit mixed files.

How did you "take" Skyrim to your new computer?

First check is a virus scan as you say its been happening on other .dll files. Sounds suspicious to me.

I used my flash drive for the transfer. After doing a scan, it said that none of my .DLLs are viruses (or contain viruses). I can't exactly say that I know how to check the registry files to see if they're corrupt, nor do I really know how to check to see if it's a 32/64 bit mix up. If I knew how to do these things, I might be able to better resolve the issue.

You can't move Skyrim or Steam (or any other program for that matter) from one computer to another by copying the files and moving them to the new computer. When any software is installed it doesn't just install files in a single place on the computer, it installs files in numerous places within the file and operating system file structures.

You need to delete what you did and reinstall Steam and Skyrim on your new computer using the install program.

Well that's where interesting things happen. I didn't DL via steam. Friend of mine torrented (yah yah, I know. Neither of us really have the money to get it off Steam) then gave it to me via flash drive, and it worked just fine. But when it here, it didn't want to work anymore. Not even moving it from theirs to mine, it still didn't want to work, but still works just fine on my old computer. I've resorted to trying a manual uninstall/reinstall, but it still decided that it didn't want to work.

Banned for piracy - TVD.