skse not working?

vladdracule001

Did you follow the installation instructions that are in the readme of the files you downloaded? It used to be just a matter of copy/pasting a few files into the skyrim folder but now there are also pex files, too. Older instructions (and most of the video tutorials you might find) will not be accurate, read the installation instructions you have in your downloaded file.

I have never had an issue with skse not working, unless I did something like forget to remove the old files when installing, or some other little mistake.

well theres 2x SKSE now one for those with dawnguard and another for those without(at least wen i downloaded SKSE i got 2 of them 1 was for dawnguard and the other for most recent version of skyrim without dawnguard) check if your problem is not that (check ingame your game version and see if it matches the requested version for SKSE)

Try watching this video, gopher does a good job explaining things. You may have already done this but it's worth a shot to make sure all steps have been followed.

The video is called "Skyrim Script Extender Installing and running on Skyrim 1.6 or later."

SKSE is properly installed: the readme.txt is very clear and Gopher's video would alleviate any further doubt.

I play Skyrim off-line and when I launch it with SKSE-loader, it seems not to work properly.

I can still use SkyUI but I have the message that SKSE is not loaded.

Furthermore, just after launching, when I use the console with "getskseversion", it can't find SKSE.

If I then quit Skyrim and relaunch it with SKSE-loader, it works fine.

Using the console with "getskseversion", I get SKSE version and run numbers.

So I'm good, and thanks all for your input :-)