• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Firefly627

Firefly627

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I have recently installed the latest version of SKSE, the one supposed to be compatible with version 1.5.26. I followed the readme's instructions and placed all the .dll files in the same folder with the TESV.exe file.

However, when I try to run the SKSE Loader, I recieve this error message:

"Couldn't find TES_.exe"

...What? The program isn't even searching for the correct .exe file, which is TESV.exe! I've tried reinstalling multiple times, but to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

sekirei07

sekirei07

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am also having this problem. This is what my skse notepad says:
skse loader 010400F0 01CD360E02063485 6.1 (7601)
runtime root = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\
config path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini
using runtime name from config: TES_.exe
procPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\\TES_.exe
Couldn't find TES_.exe.

What is with the TES_ thing? I tried changing it to from TESV to TES_ but that didnt work. What do I need to do to get this to work right?

Firefly627

Firefly627

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
It's extremely frustrating, especially when I am told that I simply didn't read the instructions or readme file, which is what I followed to the letter.

cjmsr6669

cjmsr6669

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

It's extremely frustrating, especially when I am told that I simply didn't read the instructions or readme file, which is what I followed to the letter.

It is a very simple fix fellas go into the data folder then skse folder you will see the skse.ini file just open it with notepad change the TES_.exe to TESV.exe removing the underscore and save the file voila! loader works.
My path to the ini looks like this just for a point of reference, it will look different if you are using the steam version of the game >>>> C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\SKSE and remember the ini file has a little cog wheel on it.

Ezeikel

Ezeikel

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
this hasnt helped me any...sadly i spent 3 hours trying to find the files to no avail...

TheLeftenant

TheLeftenant

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Is TESV.exe in the same folder as the skse loader?

donaage

donaage

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
tanx bro, I'm a mong in messing with files and stuff,, this was easy, as it should be in NEXUS, the real sharks, I guess, don't need NEXUS. I think to many mods need you to be fiddeling with files, Which a little hard and risky, when you have no clue what so ever about programming and a great count of players don't. And I am fifty and danish, so with chalk squibs out my ears and words I don't know, it's a challenge.

But again tanx bro

DonDexa

Hotrodd

Hotrodd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

What skse.ini ? I have nothing of the sort in my files

LordDesu6

LordDesu6

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am having the same issue, I just started moding and I want to run MCM and SkyRE but can't with SKSE.

calubby1

calubby1

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hmm

I try redwonloading everything it worked one time but not any other time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.945 seconds