Crash to Desktop near Riften

Chrjs09

Hello everybody!

First things first, I apologize if my sentences aren't 100% correct - I don't speak english natively.

I've come over a little problem near Riften. Everytime I travel (no fast-travel!) south/southwest of Rifton (especially near Goldenglow Estate) my Skyrim crashes to desktop without any message or whatsoever.

Fast Traveling still works without any problems. The savestate that I am using is the one I played the most - up to 180 hours playtime (a detail that may be important to solve my problem?).

The thing is - while I have my ~60 mods activated, the sudden crashes near Riften occur every time. The moment I deactivated all of them no crashes kicked me out of the game at all!

I can't think of any mod in my list that particularly affects this area nor have I come over the CTD in any other area of Skyrim.

When using BOSS, no conflicting mods were detected.

Out of interest I started a whole new Character (with the same mods activated as before) and traveled through the area near Goldenglow Estate everything worked fine!

With this I hope that anyone of you can help me with my little problem - it must have to do with my active mods, but not ONLY with them. It isn't game-breaking, but I think that everybody understands that I want my game CTD-free^^

Greetings and thanks to anyone willing to help :D

Well this is convenient. I have the exact same problem around the exact same area! Almost any quest mod I add seems to trigger it. Try removing Moonpath to Elsewhere, No Mercy Quest, the mod that adds lamps to roads, and any mods that add new dungeons. Here is my load order, if you want to compare. Could you please post yours as well?:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

JSwords.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

BlackTowerArmory.esm

WinterholdDestruction.esm

RaceCompatibility.esm

betterquestobjectives.esp

portal2mod.esp

ScoutArmor.esp

Darkwindv1.esp

black mage armor.esp

Masters of Death - Sicarius Armor (Standalone).esp

Proper Aiming.esp

FS_ExorcizamusTe.esp

FS_SwordOfTheSeeker.esp

FS_EveningStar.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

MidasSkyrim.esp

Beautiful Whiterun.esp

RealisticWhiterun.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

uniqueleveleditemsupgrade1dot3.esp

GDRangerArmor.esp

WATER.esp

WATER - Get Wet.esp

AVI custom nightingale.esp

TeraHairWeightFix.esp

Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp

Facelight.esp

dovahkiinrelax.esp

EarRingHelmets.esp

Field Mage Outfit.esp

magicmoonsp.esp

Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp

spellsneak.esp

Unique Region Names.esp

RoyalMageRobes.esp

Karliah2CBBE3ByNausicaa.esp

AncientNordLight.esp

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

Pupetteer Master.esp

RavenousEleganceByNausicaa.esp

test hairs.esp

Annael.esp

Neo's Oriental Dress.esp

Auto Unequip Arrows.esp

BlackSacramentArmor.esp

TrissArmorRetextured.esp

Balanced_Magic_Adept.esp

Balanced_Destruction_No_Armor_Penalties.esp

Balanced_Alteraton_No_Armor_Penalties.esp

SMSkyrim.esp

Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp

R18Pn - Leere Armor.esp

R18Pn - Inner Wear Set.esp

FionaOutfit.esp

TribalGlass.esp

TeraCastanicFArmors.esp

TeraHEFArmors.esp

SunnieTracerArrows2_5.esp

Arrowsmith.esp

Explosive Arrows.esp

OrientalRace.esp

Different Invisibility Effects plus Eyes Fix - Chameleon Version.esp

AviFollower.esp

AviEnchTrans.esp

Remodeled Armor.esp

StaffOfMagnusFix.esp

ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp

LovelyHairstyles.esp

Armor_Tera_HmF_L18.esp

LightningArmor13-2.esp

Daedric Extra Armor.esp

AviAutoPerks.esp

BFSEffects.esp

Animated Weapon Enchants.esp

Crimson Tide - Blood.esp

The Asteria - Dwemer Airship.esp

With only those mods active, I did not have the problem. I found the problem to be caused when adding Moonpath to Elsewhere, No Mercy Quest, Lanterns on the Roads, and/or Milan's Dungeon Pack. Perhaps one of the mods in my load order is conflicting with these mods and causing problems. Since you have the same problem, maybe we can isolate it.

EDIT: Extra info: my save has ~160 hours on it.

Hello thekineticeffect and thanks for helping me :D

These are the mods that I'm using right now:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Deus Mons.esm

Lycanthropy_Audio_by_Brevi.esm

KeeningFix.esp

ShadowStripingFix.esp

Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

Arrows of Magicka.esp

BetterArchmagesRobes.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

Dr_Bandolier.esp

Lanterns Of Skyrim - Around Cities.esp

Lanterns Of Skyrim - Bridges x2 - OnOff.esp

SabreFurBag.esp

Syynx Stubborn Skeletons.esp

Auto Unequip Arrows.esp

IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp

Berserk Black Swordsman Armor.esp

Cloaks.esp

1nivWICCloaks.esp

1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp

DCSorceress.esp

DwarvenMech.esp

Dwemer Scouter.esp

Northborn Fur Hoods.esp

EinherjarArmor.esp

FaalSizaan.esp

FS_SwordOfTheSeeker.esp

gun.esp

isilNarsil.esp

LeatherBackpack-100.esp

LFArmors.esp

Iorveth.esp

NightsWatchArmor.esp

SabreCat_Gear.esp

ScoutArmor.esp

TH3WICK3D1-NorthernKingdomsHeavyPlate.esp

VanguardArmor.esp

warmagearmor.esp

Beautiful Whiterun.esp

Deus Mons_WithNPCs.esp

hg.esp

RealisticWhiterun.esp

RiversideLodge.esp

riverwoodhuntingcabin.esp

SeabreezeEstate.esp

armored-horses.esp

AT - Loot Arrows +25%.esp

AT - Faster Arrows Improved +100%.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

WATER.esp

WATER - Get Wet.esp

Lycanthropy_Main_by_Brevi.esp

Werewolf Loot - ToL compatible.esp

PowerMasterTheTimeAndSpace.esp

dovahkiinrelax.esp

Balanced_Alteraton.esp

Balanced_Conjuration.esp

Balanced_Destruction.esp

Balanced_Illusion.esp

Balanced_Restoration.esp

Balanced_Magic_Adept.esp

Aelafacelift.esp

Dimensional House.esp

Frostmourne 1.0.1.esp

Werehide.esp

I already tried to turn off Lanterns for bridges/cities, but the crash still ocurred.

I will try to turn off every mod that adds an location and see if my problem's still there, but it seems that I have none of the mods you mentioned :(

I think that I remember reading somewhere that Riften is the most bugged area in Skyrim - but I really don't think it's from the game itself, it has to be a something inbetween my Mods and my Save^^

Hi, from what I understand, the cause may be related to the navmesh bug. Maybe since it does not crash with a new game, a fix I have heard of may be to wait in an indoor location (best a vanilla home) for 31 in game days. I'm gonna try it myself to see if it fixes the crashing

I once tried to wait circa 10 days inside of breezehome, but that didn't help at all :confused:

I deactivated some (okay :happy: nearly all) of my house mods - DimensionalHouse.esp, RiversideLodge.esp, RiverwoodHuntigCabin.esp, SeabreezeEstate.esp today.

Up to now Skyrim dind't CTD juste once when I traveled near Riften :thumbsup: .

Lanterns for Cities and Bridges are enabled and work, and DeusMons (I really thought/"hoped" this one caused it) is activated, too.

I will now try through the Housemods and see if one of them causes the problem, or if two of them are conflicting.

I'll be sure to post my results here as soon as possible^^

Okay - I really don't know what did the trick, but the CTDs around Riften have disappeared now! :thumbsup:

I have almost every of my mods active which is interesting because I was SO sure that one of them caused the problem :D

It must be something that I've done, but I really can't think of the last, final thing that helped :unsure:

MAYBE it has to do with the Navmesh Bug you spoke of - each of my house mods that I reactivated was reset completely (losing everytthing that was inside of them, but that's okay ^^' )

So, all in all, everythings fine now and I'm happy with my beloved Skyrim save!

I appreciate the help, thekineticeffect, and wish you a CTD-free future ;)

• 2 months later...

WHICH HOUSE MODS did you activate again? Please link them, i want to try that.

I had a breezehome and proudspire manor mod, but they didn't "clean" my place up. I actually would love to get rid of all the stuff stored in breezehome and proudspire manor. Another bad thing is that i added stuff by using the console (player.placeatme ....)that got placed in breezehome "in between". Now i hear it rambling and rumbling like it's still about to fall on the floor but stuck somewhere. Kind of like my breezehome is haunted...

So if this won't help with my Goldenglow/Riften problem i have a tidy spook-free house again at least. :)

Sorry to dissapoint you, Tok84, but I can't help you with cleaning the stuff out of Vanilla Homes because I almost never use them (I like House Mods more and use them frequently, and to reset those you just have to deactivate, make a clean save with a long time waited inside a cell and activate them again) :pinch:

The only house I used was Hjerim, and except early problems with the mannequins in there there were no other issues.

The House mods I deactivated are all in that list I posted above, and after I deleted Deus Mons (that one just caused too much problems), went with the "clean" save into breezehome to waited several days to make a save, I activated every other house mod again (except Deus Mons of course) and they were all reset inside - I don't have any problems near Riften anymore, but I can't say for sure that this solved the problem.

Just as I said above :

Okay - I really don't know what did the trick, but the CTDs around Riften have disappeared now! :thumbsup:

I have almost every of my mods active which is interesting because I was SO sure that one of them caused the problem :D

It must be something that I've done, but I really can't think of the last, final thing that helped :unsure:

Anyway, I hope that you can solve your problems near Riften and maybe find a way to reset Vanilla Homes in another Thread :thumbsup:

I've had the problem of having CTD near Riften for a long time now. I am playing the game in Windowed mode now, and that has fixed it so far. However, the cause is still present, and I think I may have found it. See image:

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp149/LinkSonic5/ScreenShot19_Fix.png

Edited by MysticRunner