A Tale Of Two Wastelands

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
747 replies to this topic

JaxFirehart

JaxFirehart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Well that is a damn shame, did the .exes contain Fallout3 resources then? I wish I knew more about such things, but scripting and program writing is well out of my grasp. :ohdear:

The patch files were so huge because they contained merged FO3 and FNV resources. The resources were encrypted and the program would not have been easy to crack, but it was enough to get us canned. I found a patch program that is much, much, better, but it costs $400...

QuantaStarfire

QuantaStarfire

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Gone again? *Sighs* I hope everyone is being a mature modder and not reporting things unless they know for sure this mod is doing something illegal, and no one is being petty or upset.

Hope to see this back up soon. :)

It WILL NOT be up again any time soon. I don't know where to point the finger, but Kuro has confirmed that TTW is dead.

Dark0ne, the Nexus owner, has taken TTW down and Kuro fears that he may be banned in the process. I wish Dark0ne had given us some time to fix this properly but I don't blame him for acting fast, copyright infringement is serious and after the whole thing with Notch and his game "Scrolls" Bethesda has a reputation as quick to sue.

This week is my finals week, when it is over I will do my best to find a patch program that is truly secure and petition Dark0ne for permission to reupload TTW with new, secure, patches.

Please stay tuned here for updates.

That sucks. Is Dark0ne going to say anything about it, or are we left to speculate for all eternity?

Lt Albrecht

Lt Albrecht

Sarcastic Englishman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Well that is a damn shame, did the .exes contain Fallout3 resources then? I wish I knew more about such things, but scripting and program writing is well out of my grasp. :ohdear:

The patch files were so huge because they contained merged FO3 and FNV resources. The resources were encrypted and the program would not have been easy to crack, but it was enough to get us canned. I found a patch program that is much, much, better, but it costs $400...

So, either TTW needs $400, or a new method must be found. I wish I had $400 kicking around that I didn't need for rent.

nivea

nivea

Girl Modder <3

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,165 posts

So, either TTW needs $400, or a new method must be found. I wish I had $400 kicking around that I didn't need for rent.

Yeah same here... I lost my job so no money from me. XP

Well I hope a solution can be found, since this mod not only made FO3 playable for me (since vanilla crashes a lot on me) but it made my game even more stable then vanilla FNV lol.

Lt Albrecht

Lt Albrecht

Sarcastic Englishman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Yeah same here... I lost my job so no money from me. XP

Well I hope a solution can be found, since this mod not only made FO3 playable for me (since vanilla crashes a lot on me) but it made my game even more stable then vanilla FNV lol.

Student here. According to accountants I actually have negative money... Oh I do so love student loans. Though if 40,000 donated $0.01 thatd'd do it, or if 4000 donate $0.10. It's a pittance and for a good cause. Extremely low budget kickstarter anyone?

Hopefully the mod will be back up soon, it's something that deserves to be shared.

steviestevens

steviestevens

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Alright I'll take one for the team. You guy pick out the bank, convenient store, poor schmuck, ect. and I'll rob it.

Kuroitsune

Kuroitsune

The Red Dragon

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
After my comment, I will ask a member of staff to close this topic.

We've been taken down because I took the site down. Dark0ne had nothing to do with it. At the time I put the message on the Whiteboards for everyone I didn't realize that I was able to do it myself, and thought only a member of the nexus staff could delete mods.

The problem is licensing. We need permission from both Bethesda and Obsidian to allow a mod like this to exist, one that allows assets from Fallout 3 to be used in New Vegas. It is not a Piracy issue. We didn't have permission, so the site must come down. Any mod like this without permission must come down, including RFCW and Deja Vu Vegas.

The Vampire Dante

The Vampire Dante

The Anti-Sith

• Admin
  • 14,740 posts
Closed as per request.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.091 seconds