Photo

INI Missing: You have no Skyrim INI file. ...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

chaserb1

chaserb1

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i do not have ini files

chaserb1

chaserb1

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i bought a new skyrim game few days ago but installing i find no ini files

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 20,584 posts

You MUST start the game using the Steam launcher the first time. It will create the ini files based on your computer hardware.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 20,584 posts

When Skyrim is run the first time through your steam account it sets up several files on your computer. It looks at your hardware and creates an INI file based on what it finds. It also creates afile for game saves and a few other things as well. NOT starting the game through steam the first time it may not create these files.in the proper places - Start the game using the steam launcher - then make a save after the message that it has set your video.

FYI, Often pirate versions neglect to include tthe ini files because the particular pirate that uploaded the game has no clue whet they are doing. If they know so little about the game that they leave out an important part WHY would you trust them with anything else? The same pirates often put in things that are not a part of the game, bits of their own game play, and any virus that may be infected with. - OR, they are just using a pirated game as a vector for their own virus - Often a virus that hijacks your computer to use it as a part of their DDOS attacks on sites like the Nexus. And, NO you won't notice the virus as it will probably not slow your computer enough to notice, and no it dosn't put any kind of stuff on your screen to let you know you have been had. :pinch:

Suggestion, use a scan on demand antivirus such as MalwareBytes, AND a junk file remover such as JRT. NO antivirus is perfect, and not every virus is easy to remove. If it's bad enough, you may have to reimage your hard drive ( you do have a known good backup image don't you?)

Page loaded in: 0.465 seconds