I bet everyone here remembers or at least knows the name of the "Wars in Skyrim" mod. It has been a FOTM, it has been the most endorsed mod for more than 2 months, and then the mod became a sort of an endless "soap opera".
The final act of this mod history was the disappearing of the mod author, Alexandrox, along with the mod itself.
After this, for about a month more or less, Alexandrox kept working on a new version of the mod from outside the Nexus community.
A few days ago, Alexandrox deicided to definitely quit modding, but he sent to me and to Darkangel13 the most stable version of Wars in Skyrim V, along with the complete permissions for continuing the project.
Following what listed above, me and Darkangel13 decided to bring Wars In Skyrim V to a final release.
Alexandrox was a powerful modder, with awesome ideas and awesome skills, but he always missed something: a powerful, devoted and serious team to work with. Such a huge project is nearly impossible to get finished by one single modder.
So, with this thread, we'll try to build up a good team and start working on Wars In Skyrim V, hoping to release it one day (and hoping to not get frustrated like Alex did )
WARS IN SKYRIM V FEATURES AND MODDERS NEEDED
Alexandrox sent us one single .esp, not telling anything about what it contains. So this section will be updated/changed regarding what we'll find looking at the file ingame/via CK.
The mod will be divided in a few ESPs, like WiS IV was, and EVERY MODDER WILL WORK ON A SINGLE ESP. This in order to speed up the work on the project, to speed up the bug fixing and to have every single mind concentrated on one single aspect.
Currently the project is divided in these areas:
- A main ESM containing all the basic data, such as new weapons, armors, locations, monsters, etc. This file will just be a container, it will basically do nothing ingame, but just containing all the data needed by the esps to work ---> Obviously it will be used by every modder in the project, who will throw all the data in it, and then use it as a master for his own esp
- Vanilla Enhanced spawns ---> this esp will contain an enhancement of the Vanilla spawns. The main difference from the old versions is that these spawns won't be created on Vanilla leveled lists, but will have their own leveled lists. This will avoid conflicts with every other mod that uses Vanilla leveled lists. ----> Darkangel13
- Custom spawns ---> this esp will contain new creatures, more monster variations and everything that is not Vanilla, regarding spawns. New leveled lists will be created for this too, for the above reasons. ---> Darkangel13
- Gear, Spell and Perk enchancement ---> this esp will add weapons, armors, items, spells and perks to the NPCs ---> Concept83
- AI Tweaks and Combat ---> this esp will improve the NPCs AI, making the game more difficult and the player less ovepowered. This esp will also contain/work together with Duel - Combat Realism thanks to his awesome author! ---> LogRaam
- Wild Life ---> this esp will contain patrol systems for packs of animals, predator/prey systems and alpha male systems ---> LOOKING FOR MODDERS
- Slave System ---> since there already is a huge project regarding this, this feature may be avoided, waiting to see what the other project will bring
- Wars In Skyrim - Black Sun ---> this esp will contain a full story-line, wich will replace the old "Heroes & Villains" plugin. The story will hopefully be as long/deep as the Skyrim main quest-line ---> Gasti89
The whole thing will be as more balanced as possible. I'm not telling "lore-friendly" because everyone has his own idea of "lore". More features will be added while we discover them looking at what Alexandrox sent us
Black Sun Team
- gasti89 ---> main developer
- SvenNomadsson ---> story-teller
- Ianuarius ---> voice actor
- jezdamayel ---> voice actress
Spawns Team (both Vanilla and Custom)
- Darkangel13 ---> main developer
AI Tweaks and Combat Team
- LogRaam ---> main developer
Gear, Spell and Perk Enhancement Team
- Concept83 ---> main developer
All Front Support Team
- TheDarkPrince ---> world designer
- vineyard ---> model designer
- Durai ---> model designer
- FrankFamily ---> model/texture designer
- v3n0m23 ---> model/texture designer
- FalloutBeast ---> Clutterer/world designer
- fg109 ---> scripter
- sydney666 ---> lighting for custom worldspaces/cells, general help, ideas input
Here we will list the mods that will surely be compatible with ours, thanks to the very helpful authors and teams.
- WARZONES - Civil Unrest by MGE
- Skyrim Monster Mod by Dogtown1
Edited by gasti89, 23 June 2012 - 11:45 AM.