Best Economical Laptop For Running Skyrim

Does it have to be a laptop? You know you can get a halfway decent PC that can easily run Skyrim for the same price as you can get a terrible laptop.

Well, I was thinking about getting a laptop because I'm off to college in the fall, but I may be better off just packing the desktop off with me. Might be better just to build a good desktop. I just want to see my options with a laptop first.

a laptop all in all will be cheaper. a desktop from scratch will most likely run you a few hundred more.

a decent laptop that can run Skyrim will run you around $1000 give or take. building a PC thats worth building a PC will prolly run you around $1200+ from scratch (ie monitor, case, drives, etc)

i personally use an Asus G51V, which is a couple years old now, but i can testify that its good quality and can handle games. nothing at super high ultra or anything, but its handled what ive thrown at it so far (which ill admit hasnt been Skyrim as i have no desire to play that game, but i guarantee it would handle it no problem)

here are the Asus laptops off Newegg. if you tell us your price range, or one that catches your eye. i (we) can help you further from there :)

http://www.newegg.com/Store/BrandSubCategory.aspx?Brand=1315&SubCategory=32&name=ASUS-Laptops-Notebooks&Order=REVIEWS

Does it have to be a laptop? You know you can get a halfway decent PC that can easily run Skyrim for the same price as you can get a terrible laptop.

Well, I was thinking about getting a laptop because I'm off to college in the fall, but I may be better off just packing the desktop off with me. Might be better just to build a good desktop. I just want to see my options with a laptop first.

Thanks for the help. I'd say, the highest I'd go would be 1,500$ at the moment.

with that kind of budget, you are much better off building a desktop. unless portability is a must. otherwise building the desktop and just lugging it to college would benefit you much more then buying a laptop for the same price.

unless youd rather spend much less, and go with a laptop instead, deff go for the desktop.

with that kind of budget, you are much better off building a desktop. unless portability is a must. otherwise building the desktop and just lugging it to college would benefit you much more then buying a laptop for the same price.

unless youd rather spend much less, and go with a laptop instead, deff go for the desktop.

Sounds good. Know anything about building a relatively portable desktop?

also unless your going to be moving it often, portability isnt really an issue. if its going to be at college for the two semesters then back home, its not a big deal to just move the PC. if you plan on moving it weekly give or take, then youd consider portability. like a LAN Party PC. so basically it wouldnt matter even if you built it in a full tower.

if you do decide to use a mini/micro PC, no performance wont be affected. just might get a little hotter with everything being so close, but thats no biggie.