Skyrim won't start

Kyuukei

This is rather irritating - Skyrim won't launch at all once I actually hit 'Play Game.' I've verified my game cache's integrity, tried launching without ScriptDragon, and - if SKSE is any indication - am still on version 1.5.26.0, so I have absolutely no idea what is going on; literally the other day my game was perfectly stable, so I can't really extrapolate as to any causes.

Any help, if possible, would be much appreciated.

This is rather irritating - Skyrim won't launch at all once I actually hit 'Play Game.' I've verified my game cache's integrity, tried launching without ScriptDragon, and - if SKSE is any indication - am still on version 1.5.26.0, so I have absolutely no idea what is going on; literally the other day my game was perfectly stable, so I can't really extrapolate as to any causes.

Any help, if possible, would be much appreciated.

I'm thinking they snuck the 1.6 official patch out today. I just noticed my game has been updated, and now I can't launch SKSE.

You were probably downloading the 1.6 official patch when you were trying to start.

Is there any quick way to verify my version without launching my game and checking from the Status menu?

Better yet: if this is, in fact, the case, is there any way to downgrade my game? :whistling:

Edited by Kyuukei

If this patch is indeed official then no, I know of no way to downgrade to 1.5.26.

I launched my Skyrim without SKSE and sure enough the version reads 1.6.89. The beta patch was 1.6.87.

Check in your Skyrim directory and look at the last modified date for TESV.exe. Mine says June 5, 2012, which is today. I'll bet yours says the same.

That's even weirder. Looks like my version is still 1.5.26.0 so I have no idea what's going on o_O

I just did a full local content reinstall last night, verified my game cache, and downgraded my SKSE to the last stable version which was made for my current 1.5.26.0 install.

And it still won't launch. I can get to the part with Play, Data Files, etc, but once I hit Play, absolutely nothing happens. I tried with Task Manager on, and it shows that Skyrim is running for a few seconds at about the normal resource consumption rate, but it doesn't do that usual CTD thing where it looks like it's gonna load for a second then crashes. Visually, nothing whatsoever happens and I find this rather irksome.

It was stable as of Sunday (ironically I got Thu'umic to work finally on that day too), but when I tried playing on Monday, with no new mods installed whatsoever as of my last play, this happens. No updates appear to have been done at all and I am 90% sure all of the game's default files are working right.

Has anyone else encountered this before? I have never encountered a crash of this particular nature so I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

Edited by Kyuukei

Friend here. I helped him out.

For future googlers here's how I fixed it.

Knowing that Kyuuki uses ThuumicShouter with the edited 360 controller reference (see ThuumicShouterHelp.html from the install) I removed the entire folder it was in and the game launched flawlessly.

The file controlmap.txt doesn't exist (Skyrim/Data/Interface/controls/PC/controlmap.txt) for his system when Thuumic is installed. Kyuuki had a mod loaded that would create the file and do the changes automagically but it buggered things up. If someone could post their controlmap.txt that'd be swell. :)