'Skyrim crashes to desktop after bethesda logo

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

bommelding

bommelding

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Everytime i load up my skyrim it crashes directly to desktop with no erros after the Bethesda logo and just when i see the diamond shaped dragon icon. I've looked in the data files on the startup menu and skyrim.esm and update.esm are not there, but i can find them in my E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data files.

pinbraid

pinbraid

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
lol, I just posted a similar, if not same question right after you. Are you modding?

Georgiegril

Georgiegril

I'm always like this

• Premium Member
  • 4,450 posts
This is probably due to a mod conflict if you are running any mods, or not setting up SKSE correctly with NMM if you are using SKSE.
If you are using SKSE, see this:
My linyoutube video, sksek
If you are using mods, download and run BOSS for proper load order. (Boss is not a mod, it is sorting software)
Boss link

bommelding

bommelding

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
i

lol, I just posted a similar, if not same question right after you. Are you modding?

i have mods installed

bommelding

bommelding

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
So i installed boss and now i can get to the main menu screen, but now when i try to load a save file i get crashed to desktop and when i try to start a new game it just gives me the skyrim logo, the smoke on the background and i can also hear the music playing.

Gunslam

Gunslam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
im absolutly sure this is caused by a mod conflict
try deactivating your mods step by step and restart skyrim everytime like this you can find out wich mod causes this problem

bommelding

bommelding

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
According to wrye bash there is no problem.

I now also get random CTD's when i start up the game.

Edited by bommelding, 09 June 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Georgiegril

Georgiegril

I'm always like this

• Premium Member
  • 4,450 posts
Did you download NMM as a separate program, then install onto your desktop or program folder and run from there? It will generate a log showing your mods and load order. If you copy and post your mods and load order from there, someone may be able to help you.

I agree 99% sure its a mod issue. If it were NMM it would most likely crash before loading a game. Something is making your game hang, and that is almost always a mod. You can do what Gunslam advises, or you can post your mods and hope someone will identify the problem. Chances are you are going to have to eventually do what Gunslam says, tho.

Arganthonius

Arganthonius

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I had this same problem. It turned out there was a mod conflict between Apocalypse Spell Package and Belua Sanguinare.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,332 posts
This can be caused by either a mod conflict or a steam problem (Conflict most likely)
Here is a link to steam Troubleshooting
http://www.howtogeek...eshooting-tips/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.947 seconds