Quest bug, reunification of skyrim.

lessthan3

I'm at the part where I'm supposed to free The Pale from the stormcloaks. But when I try to talk to legate rikke she's not giving me the choice to report for duty.

I've tried waiting several days, attacking her and using voice of the emperor, using the ice shout to freeze her, doing other quests and coming back. Talking to her until all of her conversation options turn grey, going back and talking to Tullius until all of his options turn grey. Nothing works.

Is there a way to fix this or do I just have to abandon the entire questline?

I'm at the part where I'm supposed to free The Pale from the stormcloaks. But when I try to talk to legate rikke she's not giving me the choice to report for duty.

I've tried waiting several days, attacking her and using voice of the emperor, using the ice shout to freeze her, doing other quests and coming back. Talking to her until all of her conversation options turn grey, going back and talking to Tullius until all of his options turn grey. Nothing works.

Is there a way to fix this or do I just have to abandon the entire questline?

Sometimes if you leave the area for 30 days, she'll reset, but it's a pretty random shot. You're gonna have to investigate some console commands I think.

Not sure if this is where you are at but the 'Reporting in' dialogue at Winterhold Imperial Camp is bugged. If the bug occurs, the only way past this problem complete the whole Reunification of Skyrim quest using the console.

This may help as it does contain information on console commands for advancing and resetting questlines http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Reunification_of_Skyrim

I had this happen to me the first time I played, and was the sole reason I started on my second character. I have since revisited that character, completed the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Companions Quest, the College and numerous side quests, and then went back to Rikke and it still won't load to continue the quest. I have not had the problem with my other characters

I had this happen to me the first time I played, and was the sole reason I started on my second character. I have since revisited that character, completed the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Companions Quest, the College and numerous side quests, and then went back to Rikke and it still won't load to continue the quest. I have not had the problem with my other characters

I had the opposite happen to me... I could swear Bethesda said they fixed this in one of the patches, but if you're using an old save it might not actually be fixed. I dunno. But what happened to me was I couldn't get the imperial's to show up at the fort in the Rift, so I went into Riften and fired an arrow at the Jarl while she was asleep. I got no bounty and the quest completed. I was able to go talk to Tulius and get my next mission. I got the report error on the next mission and couldn't complete it, but I stayed away from that area for a LOONG time and when I came back she was giving me the report option and I was able to progress. Finally had the same problem again later though. I can't remember if I ever finished the whole quest line as it was my first character on the PS3 and I play PC now.

Anyways... I'm just saying it's buggy for sure, but sometimes letting the area reset works. It all depends on how many hours you have into your character what you want to do. And of course there's console commands.

But in my experience the earlier you do the Civil War quests the better. They have a better chance to complete that way.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I tried all the fixes out there that I could find, but none of them worked, so I gave up. Months later, I accidentally stumbled across a fix. I downloaded TES5Editor (experimental version), and opened Skyrim.esm with the program. Then I right clicked and chose "check for errors" or something like that. It took a while to get through it all, but I saw the debug log and somewhere in there it had recognized Leggate Rikke was bugged. I couldn't tell if it had managed to repair the quest, so I opened the game and sure enough, it was fixed!!!!!

• 2 months later...