Photo

Unable to log into NMM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
368 replies to this topic

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,509 posts

If you can log into the forums but not to NMM, you may have a non standard character in your password. Passwords for NMM are more strict than the rest of the site. :wallbash:

Please update to the latest version FIRST. this is a beta program and we do not provide ANY support for previous versions.

Clear your browser cache - Do this before posting - This fixes a lot of problems.

In Firefox press ctrl+F5. For other browsers check the 'help' to see how. This fixes a lot of problems - It is caused by your browser loading a previously saved copy of the page instead of getting a new copy

Change your password
MUST be only English characters and numbers (upper or lower case are fine)
No non English characters ( such as ç or ű )
No special characters (& # etc)
No dash, underscore or spaces (- _ )
At least 6 characters

Edit - some new info. Several people say they have been able to get it to allow them when they typed their password into notepad, (Or somewhere else) then copied it and pasted it into the NMM password field. Sounds strange to me, but maybe worth trying. :thumbsup:

Edit: The problem may something like a firewall, antivirus, popup blocker, proxy or some other filtering software that doesn't like NMM. I have even see one instance of an ISP blocking a site.

Edit: 11-20-2012: A newer version of NMM changed the password section - trying to fix some of these password problems - But you MUST have the latest version - and if you cannot log in, you MUST download and install the newest version from the Nexus First.
http://newvegas.nexu...ods/modmanager/

Most firewalls & Antivirus programs have an exceptions list buried in their menu structure. Popup blockers usually have a 'Allow this' by a key or keyboard combination. Not having used a proxy in years, I can't help there.

You may try a different browser, preferably a portable version of one. Most popular browsers have a portable version that does not have to be installed on your computer to work, and can be run from a USB stick. You do not need to uninstall your regular browser to use this for testing. It can be used as is without loading ANY add ons, ad blockers or anything else. Download it from a site, unzip it onto a USB. Close your regular browser and start the portable browser. Here is a legitimate link for Portable FireFox. Most other browsers have one also. :thumbsup:

Edit: December 3, 2013: For those that look at  this topic and think there are an awful lot of people having this problem - This topic is well over a year old now. We have nearly 6.5 million members and 99% of them are not having a problem. This topic is for those that are - so please read it to find how others have fixed the problem - and please post back when you find your problem to help others. :thumbsup:

MeGrrrr

MeGrrrr

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

If you can log into the forums but not to NMM, you probably have a non standard character in your password. Passwords for NMM are more strict than the rest of the site. :wallbash:

Change your password
No non English characters ( such as ç or ű )
At least 6 characters

Have the same problem. Just changed password, is upper and lower English with numerics, no special characters and no luck! Any other ideas?
OK, so I could login on the main page [http://skyrim.nexusm...ods/modmanager/ ] but it doesn't work if you follow the links to the ModManager download then try to sign in. Make sense?

Edited by MeGrrrr, 09 June 2012 - 07:40 AM.

Jurgens

Jurgens

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

If you can log into the forums but not to NMM, you probably have a non standard character in your password. Passwords for NMM are more strict than the rest of the site. :wallbash:

Change your password
No non English characters ( such as or ű )
At least 6 characters

Have the same problem. Just changed password, is upper and lower English with numerics, no special characters and no luck! Any other ideas?
OK, so I could login on the main page [http://skyrim.nexusm...ods/modmanager/ ] but it doesn't work if you follow the links to the ModManager download then try to sign in. Make sense?

I found that if I didn't log into the site and clicked download, then it would prompt me to log in. Doing so does nothing. But if I logged in at the top of the site first before attempting to download, then it worked fine.

Michlo

Michlo

Lord

• Premium Member
  • 1,269 posts
Is this a new problem?

I've had an underscore in my password for as long as I've been a Nexus member and it hasn't caused issue yet today I'm having the "Hanging" problem others have reported where when I try to load the NMM it just seems to hang.

Edit - Well, changing my password on the forum and removing the underscore didn't help.

mekon15

mekon15

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
"Cannot connect to the Nexus server: The operation has timed out" this is what I am getting trying to log into NMM from today only, was working fine last night.

Latest version 0.18.7
Win7 64

and then this: "Cannot connect to the Nexus server: The remote name could not be resolved: 'skyrim.nexusmods.com'"

Edited by mekon15, 16 June 2012 - 01:43 PM.

GoldenCoin

GoldenCoin

Stranger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
on behalf of nexus, fuxor you no one cares... but i do

Obviously not Posted Image
Bben46

VJmac15

VJmac15

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can't log-in to NMM, changed password, made a new account, tried to sign on logged into the site, and logged out of the site, browser open/closed. Nothing seems to work.

TF BRO! :wallbash:

PoeticNightmare

PoeticNightmare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
any update on this? I have a normal password with more than 6 characters and both letters and numbers. Latest version of the mod manager as well. This is extremely frustrating.

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,509 posts
The site works for tens of thousands of people. There is no fix because the problem cannot be duplicated by us. :wallbash:
The fix described here is only for those who can sign in on all of the other Nexus sites, but only not on the NMM. If you have a problem with the other parts of the site, then this is not your problem.

The cause of this bug is the NMM part uses an entirely different password program. One that does not recognize a lot of special characters. It will not allow any character not a number or letter from the English only character set - No dash, underscore, space or any accented letters. If you are using a non English keyboard the key code may be different - I don't know if it is or not.

My own password - that does work is 11 characters, starts with an uppercase - the rest are lower, and has an embedded number. It is not a dictionary word, but a pair of unrelated non words that have meaning to me and would be nonsense to anyone else.

If anyone finds something that works, let us know what you did. We don't want to know your password, but a description similar to mine may help someone else. :thumbsup:

PoeticNightmare

PoeticNightmare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
My password was in line with what you posted. However, I still changed it just in case. It is now one capital letter, a few lowercase, three numbers, and three more letters. With this password, I am still getting the message that my username and password is incorrect. The site works fine; it's only the mod manager that I am having a problem with.

I've tried a series of about 4 different passwords with different combinations. They were all just letters and numbers on an American keyboard. I not sure what else to do here. Anyone else who had the problem before and was somehow able to get in, could you please post what you did differently?

Also, I have another account here at Nexus. I tried that username and password and am having the same problem. I can't use the mod manager on either account.

Edited by PoeticNightmare, 24 June 2012 - 11:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.892 seconds