• This topic is locked This topic is locked
368 replies to this topic

washerw2

washerw2

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I got two separate errors; the first is communication error, connected to Nexus site, however for whatever reason the detail's could not be processed. I'd expecting here a 'Time out error' due to an over subscribed Nexus site or a busy PC at my end. This error was simply solved by reducing activity on my PC and re-attempting the login, this took four goes before I connected to Nexus and received the 2nd error 'unknown User/Password'. Here I tried again and again frustratingly with what I knew was the correct combination, finally I put the details in 'Note Pad' and then copied and pasted the details across, and success at last. Also I'd like to point out that my password contains a combination of high/low case letters, numbers, and non- standard characters '@~{P.......

jbsjobs

jbsjobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
delete

Edited by jbsjobs, 01 July 2012 - 06:26 PM.

DarkDivine753

DarkDivine753

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@PoeticNightmare - It's working for 99% of the people who use it. We have not been able to duplicate the problem of the password not being accepted EXCEPT for the conditions already listed - Non English, special characters, spaces etc.

That does not mean you do not have a problem, it means we can't fix something we can't see. :confused: We really do want to fix it but we need input on what is causing it.

Another idea that has occurred to me is a password manager that insists on putting in your old password instead of a new one.

The fact that it is working for 99% of everyone else, is what drives me crazy! lol why can't I join the fun?! :sad: I continue to torture myself looking at all these cool mods on youtube and all of them are from the nexus. I wish one of my friends played Skyrim and modded so that I could have someone actually get on my pc and see if they could figure something out. Maybe I'll have one of the IT guys at the office take a look, and I'll just explain to them the concept of mods and the manager.

I tried the old passwords as you mentioned but that didn't work either. I guess if all else fails, I could try manually installing the mods. The thought of that is overwhelming though, considering my severe lack of knowledge concerning mods and the folders within PC games. Do you know of an easy to read/view guide that explains how to manually install the mods on nexus? I'm only looking to have a few cosmetic and weapon mods.

Just wanted to let you know that i had the same problem as you and that i tried everything under the sun to make it work. However, i tried washerw2 suggestion of typing your username and password on notepad then copy&paste that into the box and it worked. See i think that the first letter is hidden when you go to type in your username and PW, it looks like the cursers is not there but it is so you end up typing the first in letter twice.
Im sorry if all that doesn't make sense but trust me, it works :D

denco38

denco38

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all

Nexus mod manager won't connect to the server so i can't use it :(((
I've never succeed to launch it one time.

it always says unable to connect to remote server, even if i don't write my name or pass.

I've tried with or without firewall, antivirus, killed every programs into memory. nothing
I've changed my password, even if it was ok (no special letter). nothing

I've tried IPV6 unable, NMM config mod, nothing.

;(

What can I do more ?

Is there any other way to install mods ?

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,230 posts
NMM is intended to supplement the older manual method, and still does not work with every mod (it is still a beta program) - instead of clicking download with Manager, click on manual download - scroll down - find the row of icons. the second one is 'Files' use the download manually instead of download with manager. Note, NMM is being used by about 700,000 people now and works fine for nearly all of them.

If NMM cannot connect, it's possible that manual will not either. Have you followed the procedure in Gopher's video?
Find it here: http://wiki.tesnexus...hp/Category:NMM

bben46

bben46

• Staff
  • 17,230 posts
@nik1991
This topic is about not being able to log in, not about NMM causiing your computer to crash.

BTW, you seem to be in a minority. there are over 700,000 people using the NMM BETA program right now and this is the first crashed my computer post I have seen. If you want to post on this, I suggest you create a new topic so we can follow it without getting the answers mixed up with the unable to log in posts. Please read the conditions for using the BETA NMM program so you will know how to report a bug.

Open Beta means you have been invited to participate in testing a program. A beta version of a program is under testing, while open means the testing is open to anyone to participate - You are allowed and encouraged to help with that testing.

If you wish to participate in the Open Beta testing of Nexus Mod Manager all you have to do is submit bug reports of any problems you encounter through the proper bug report channel. If you do not wish to participate, you are still welcome to use the program - with the understanding that it is not a finished and ready to use program but an experimental program that may still have bugs, and At your own risk.

If you wish to submit a bug report, go here for instructions. http://forums.nexusm...reporting-bugs/

Just saying something doesn't work in the forums is not a bug report and will probably not be looked into unless an actual bug report is also submitted.

Off topic posts removed.
Bben46, Moderator

atimisk

atimisk

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Dear Nexus Forums and co.,
I am also experiencing the inability to log in to the Nexus Mod Manager. I have no trouble logging into, or otherwise accessing any part of the nexus sites. I have used two accounts to attempt it, one being an older, one newer. I have never gotten into the habit of using symbols in a password, and mine consisted of all english keyboard letters and one number with a capital letter embedded; recently while experiencing this inability to log in, i changed my password a few times to try logging in. In the most recent attempt, I used a password of only 6 lowercase letters, no numbers, no symbols, just regular letters, and still to no avail. I have tried using simple passwords like this for both accounts I mentioned to just try to log in to NMM. Still no luck. I enjoy using the NMM as a fast and convenient way to mod my games, and would appreciate any help the nexus or its moderators can provide me.

Thanks,

atimisk

bben46

bben46

• Staff
  • 17,230 posts
Several people have reported success by copying their password from another location - such as typing it into notepad, then copying it - then pasting it into NMM. No Idea why this has worked for them, but it may be worth a try. :thumbsup:

itchyeyeball

itchyeyeball

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

By upgrading to latest version of NMM my login password started working again.

Hi, I had the exact trouble that you are having and I fixed it by writing my login and password into notepad and then copying and pasting into the two boxes (as suggested by some else).It seems that the boxes do not recognize the first character of your login or password and by pasting in the two words it works. Good Luck.

itchyeyeball

itchyeyeball

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Apologies, I was not aware that the accounts were violations. My other one is old and I had forgotten about it until recently. I will remove one of them ASAP.

Regarding your suggestions; I have ruled out antivirus and ISP. Also, I don't have any filtering software. And as far as a proxy, I don't know how that even works lol. I guess that leaves the browser? I use Firefox but not sure what I am supposed to change. So, because it is my default browser, the NMM is connected to it? Would simply using another Internet browser like IE be a recommended course? I've been using this browser and computer for about two years along with the old Oblivion mod manager. This is the first I've seen where I could not log into an application using the correct login information.

I apologize if my questions seem stupid. Thank you for your responses and your help bben.

Hi, I had the exact trouble that you are having and I fixed it by writing my login and password into notepad and then copying and pasting into the two boxes (as suggested by some else).It seems that the boxes do not recognize the first character of your login or password and by pasting in the two words it works. Good Luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.898 seconds