• This topic is locked This topic is locked
368 replies to this topic

42Weasels

42Weasels

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I haven't found the right place to pose this question, so I will try here, let me know if I should be headed elsewhere with it. My problem is that while I can log into the site and forums, and NMM launches, it has the message "You are not logged in" at the bottom of its window. In prior releases, a log in prompt appeared when starting NMM if necessary, but now that is not the case. How do I now log into NMM now? It's a little embarrassing to be asking this question, honestly, but I have been unable to find any threads with this issue, or any way of resolving it myself.

Thank you in advance for your help!

EDIT: Problem appears to have solved itself. Not going to complain, but weird.

Edited by 42Weasels, 23 February 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Lavar1

Lavar1

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

NMM just won't open it just stops and cycles at the letter N over and over I updated windows and redownloaded NMM too help please!

Wisedragon

Wisedragon

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 4 posts

Good evening,

I am using the Nexus Mod Manager for the first time, and when you hit the green arrow that is to check for updated mods, I receive a small box displaying the following:

"You can't check for mod updates while being offline".

I have tried opening the game to the selection menu; I have tried opening Nexus mods and community launcher, but it appears I am doing something exceptionally stupid, or there is a setting I am unaware of.

I have checked the forum, and it appears to be a known problem. I am aware it is a BETA program, but it has been out for several months and it is still not working?

What is the purpose of the automatic scanning and update notification if it is a dead program? It appears to be a chronic problem with all others attempting to use it.

Is the NMM a dead program or abandoned?

I am a Life Premier member, and I think an answer is due.

Help or a solution (explanation) would be very much appreciated. :confused:

Wisedragon

DrakeTheDragon

DrakeTheDragon

Resident poster

• Staff
  • 4,372 posts

I already answered your question in the off-topic thread you opened in the Skyrim section, but I'll add it here as well for others to see.

It is indeed a 'known problem' that some people don't know how the latest NMM version functions now, because they missed reading the Site News about it or whatever.

The tool is very well working though for 'almost' all of the site's users so far. Only a handful of people in comparison are still having trouble with it, and we're trying to figure out why exactly that is for each one individually.

The error message already told you you're still offline with your NMM, not connected to the servers yet, but you never mentioned anything about you logging in with it so far.

There's a little red buddy icon in the bottom bar signaling you're currently offline. If you click this, you will either be asked for your login credentials, with the option to store them for next login, or having stored them before will automatically log you in.

The buddy will then turn green, signaling you're now online and connected to the Nexus servers, and next to it will appear a little box with a download meter, for when you have any downloads running to meter your average speed or such.

All features requiring access to the Nexus servers will need you to be logged in. I tested some situations myself and so far not 'all' of them will immediately trigger the login popup like they should be. So always make sure your NMM is online and connected to the servers before attempting to use any of these.

I haven't found any 'automatic' scanning and update notification so far though. These things will likely only take place when you connect and then click the green curved arrow icon on the left sidebar.

All automatic checking I found so far is the check in the settings for updates to the client itself, nothing for mods that I could find.

The NMM is still in beta testing stage and you voluntarily agreed to join the Open Beta. Nothing is forcing you to use the client and likely never will be. If it is not to your liking or expectations, simply don't use it. There are numerous other ways to download and/or manage your mods and always will be. Or you can just wait for a finished release version to come out and try again then. Most issues people are currently still having should then really be fixed.

And you being a Life Time Premium Member or not has nothing to do with anything in this regard. It's none of the perks you're entitled to as thanks for your donation to the site's upkeep. I would've given, and will give, the same reply to everybody else asking for help.

DovahStud

DovahStud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Suddenly I can't log into NMM. Why don't you guys just remove the need to log into it completely? That would save me and others the headache of having to troubleshoot the damned broken thing. I've always had problems with the program, but not being able to log in? Never happened. I've looked at the next to useless ways of fixing it, tried them all, nothing's worked. Any other suggestions as to how one might remedy this issue? Because I sure as hell am out of ideas.

Remi1836

Remi1836

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

servers down or something?

i played 2 hours ago and now cant login cus it say :error communicating with the server, cannot reach the nexus mod server:.

botschibo

botschibo

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

same here

KrimsonPanther5

KrimsonPanther5

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've been having this problem for the past 3 months with it saying "Error communicating with the server! Cannot reach the Nexus login server." I was able to get around it once when i updated to this last version but its back again. Its really getting on my nerves.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,823 posts

If you are getting the "Error communicating with the server" error when you didn't get it before about an hour ago then do not worry; the NMM server is down. We will fix it momentarily, but we're actually using this down-time to troubleshoot something.

If you have been getting that error for days/weeks/years then you need to file a bug report in our bug tracker so one of the developers can take a look because it's not related to the servers being up or down for you.

I am locking this thread so this is seen. From now on, please start a new thread if you are having login problems and there are no other threads about it from the past 3 days.

Page loaded in: 1.040 seconds