• This topic is locked This topic is locked
368 replies to this topic

ceboda89

ceboda89

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey im new to the whole modding thing..so I was wondering why my nexus mod manager isnt working? It keeps on saying that no games were detected on my system and then it closes....wht shud I do to resolve this problem????

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Staff
  • 17,360 posts
@ceboda89: Since you apparently can log into NMM, you are posting in the wrong place. If you want answers on a specific subject, you don't get them by posting in an unrelated topic.

Instructions for making your own topic
1. click on start new topic
2. pick a descriptive name for your topic, one that lets us know why we should look at it - and I NEED HELP will be ignored by 90% of the forum users because it is not descriptive - most people who post here do need help.
3. Give us a complete description of the problem, what does it do? what have you done to try to fix it and any other information
4. Some things you may be asked is info about your system, about the specific game, the version, if it is legal or not, what mods do you already have.
5. Be sure to write clearly so we will understand your problem. Reread what you wrote to be sure it says what you want it to say and you didn't leave anything out.
6. click on post
7. check back every so often to see if there are any answers. Don't panic if no one replies in the first couple of hours. And don't bump.
8 Be sure to thank those who give good advice (give kudos) :thumbsup:

elleln

elleln

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I fixed my problem with not beiing able to log into the NMM by redownloading it without deinstalling the old version first (had the 0.13.1 since i havent been playing Skyrim for a few months :P).

PoeticNightmare

PoeticNightmare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi everyone. Thank you to all those who responded to my issue, including bben for his patience. I just saw today the suggestion to copy and paste so I'm going to try that tonight. Now, how to rid myself of the anxiety of sitting in the office for the next 5 hours waiting to get home and try this solution lol

Will let you know if it works, fingers crossed!

Edited by PoeticNightmare, 11 July 2012 - 06:38 PM.

PoeticNightmare

PoeticNightmare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi everyone. Thank you to all those who responded to my issue, including bben for his patience. I just saw today the suggestion to copy and paste so I'm going to try that tonight. Now, how to rid myself of the anxiety of sitting in the office for the next 5 hours waiting to get home and try this solution lol

Will let you know if it works, fingers crossed!

unfortunately, the above method did not work for me.

Swylen

Swylen

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I was able to get in last night using the login on the front page. Everything was working as it should. Good Work! :thumbsup:

Edited by Swylen, 13 July 2012 - 02:27 PM.

gunnerrat

gunnerrat

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
After the upgrade to the new version, NMM crashed repeatedly so I uninstalled and re-installed an older version. The first time around it took my password (but still crashed). I did the uninstall/re-install thing again and now it won't take my password. There are no special characters and the notepad trick doesn't work. Anyone have any real solutions? I login here with my ID successfully using the correct password.

pattamus

pattamus

Stranger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm another one that can't log into NMM Been using it for months without a problem. I recently reinstalled it, and now I can't login. I don't have any weird characters, and I tried changing passwords too. I also copied from notepad..

Is there any way a staff member can step in and log me in? Is that possible. I'm afraid I won't be able to play without it. I have been tweaking skyrim for the past 2 days using the data checklist in launcher, and It crashes anytime I try to go outdoors. I will probably make a thread about this as well if I can't get it to work after reinstalling once again. Sigh.

If no one can help, what can I do? Are there people who just can't use NMM anymore because of this? I also have F3 and FNV tied to this, and I would really hate to lose all 3 games because of my stupid skyrim issues.

Thanks.

mordoch

mordoch

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
maybe your NMM is not updated cause i downloaded it in april to for oblivion but never really used it so i uninstalled it but now that i got fallout 3 + new vegas i need it and when i install it, it said i cant log in so i redownloaded it and it works fine now

Imrambo

Imrambo

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i also had that problem.. but on the please login screen or whatever the start of the bar is actually farther to the left then what the bar shows..or atleast it was for me.. so i double clicked the bar i was typing into and hit delete and started typing it.. part of my name was missing but it worked like a charm..hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.010 seconds