• This topic is locked This topic is locked
368 replies to this topic

wolfmawn1993

wolfmawn1993

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
my nmm doesn't work at all, i don't know if i downloaded the wrong one or if im not doing something right. every time i load the NMM it just has fallout,oblivion,skyrim, and another game and it says its searching for a game but ive let it run now for two days after i got some mods even some with the manager and still nothing is happening.

Silverzshadow

Silverzshadow

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

If you can log into the forums but not to NMM, you probably have a non standard character in your password. Passwords for NMM are more strict than the rest of the site. :wallbash:

Change your password
MUST be only English characters and numbers (upper or lower case are fine)
No non English characters ( such as or ű )
No special characters (& # etc)
No dash, underscore or spaces (- _ )
At least 6 characters

Edit - some new info. Several people say they have been able to get it to allow them when they typed their password into notepad, (Or somewhere else) then copied it and pasted it into the NMM password field. Sounds strange to me, but maybe worth trying. :thumbsup:

Actually there is a very easy and simple explanation for this. Notice the gray smudge after username and password? The first letter you enter is under that smudge, so there is no bug where you have to type twice to get it going.

Simply click the username box or password box once then type your username and password out.

It feels like it's missing a letter but it's not :) Hope this helps.

Wolfrien

Wolfrien

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
my Mod Manager keeps telling me it cant connect every time i try to log in. can anyone help with this?

pman3418

pman3418

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am also having this problem. I can't believe there isn't a solution to this problem when it is pinned on the front page.

I am using the latest version of NMM. I have only lowercase letters in my password. I have tried changing it to 6 and 8 letter passwords and it still will not work. I have tried adding numbers and it has not worked. I have tried reinstalling and it has not worked. I have tried typing the username and password into notepad then copying them. I have tried disabling all anti-spy/virus/malware programs and added exceptions to those security programs and the firewall.

Are there any other solutions? I can log into the forums and the website just fine, but it will not give me access to NMM, just the message "The given login information is invalid." This makes me think it is a server problem and not something on my end.

moonraker123

moonraker123

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I just got the new beta version as well and i cant log in .Firewall is not blocking it and its standard password. One strange thing i have noticed is it does not register your first key stroke when you enter your username are password. , you have to press it twice, Will unistall and try again are wait for a fix , there is a bug , .

Update on this i found the problem i was haveing. When i type the first letter of my username are password nothing appears , so what i was doing was pressing the first letter again until it appeared.
It turns out my first keystroke was registered but remained hidden? , So to get it to work i just typed in the username and pasword and ignored that fact that the first letter was not appearing in the box and it worked fine for me,

Might have something to do with peoples DPI and dispaly settings , i am playing on a 60" plasma so i guess thats what caused it for me )))

Edited by moonraker123, 07 August 2012 - 05:59 AM.

Tarrien

Tarrien

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am pretty sure I know what the problem is with the login. I just downloaded and had the same problem and if you look carefully you may see that the labels for user name and password extend over and into the edit fields. This HIDES the flashing I-beam cursor when entering the field and also HIDES the fist character of BOTH the user name AND passwords. I had to use the notepad trick on both user name and password to get logged in. This has nothing to do with special characters.

A note to the Devs, you may want to put more space between the lables and edit fields so they don't interfere with each other or at least change the Z-Order to make the edit fields display on top of the text label controls.

Edited by Tarrien, 11 August 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Vasitiri

Vasitiri

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have no special characters and I've tried two accounts. Worst website ever. Going to curse because they can actually program something intelligently. f***ing idiots that designed NMM need to be shot.

Tenzan

Tenzan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just bought a new Win 7 PC, installed Skyrim, installed NMM, can't log in: "The given login information is invalid."

However, I can still login to NMM on the old Win 7 PC with the same account & password. Whatever the problem is, it isn't the configuration of the password itself.

I tried the notepad method, didn't work.

Edit: I missed the post by Elleln above, tried re-downloading and re-installing without removing the first version; fixed the problem, no idea what is going on there as it was the same version that was originally installed :unsure:

Edited by Tenzan, 12 August 2012 - 05:45 AM.

yasha98

yasha98

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
it will not even let me load my download manager. the momment i click it it brings up "nexus mod manager has stopped working" and then it vanished and nothing. i am so confused

Varangianz

Varangianz

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was having the exact problem this thread was discussing. After trying all the changes suggested here I could not get the NMM to work. Finally, I noticed a small glitch where in the password line where the first letter/number I typed was not showing up. This resulted in me typing it twice, which of course changed the password I was typing since the first letter/number twice. So I compensated for this by just entering the first character once, it did not show that it had been entered on the password text line but it was.

Unfortunately, this did not resolve my log-in issue. So I reverted to a number of other suggestions found in this thread. Then I thought that if the password line was having this problem the username might also have it. Guess what, it did.

So in non-storytelling mode here is the problem and possibly (hopefully) a solution:

Both the Username and Password text entries are hiding the first letter/number/symbol (whatever) of your Username and Password. They will not show when you type them the first time. Naturally, you will type the first character twice to compensate. This of course results in your Username and Password being wrong.

The solution: Ignore the fact that the first character does not show on either the Username or Password text entries. It's still there. Continue typing your Username and Password. Log-in. And wallah! Hello NMM!

Hope this helps someone else.

Administrators:

In my attempts to get the NMM working I created a second account. How do I delete said account? It has no mods downloaded or anything else, I was just trying to get this damn thing to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.921 seconds