The Black Hand Restored

Site Bot

Article link: The Black Hand Restored

First off, I would like to say that I love playing Oblivion. I have spent many hours playing it, and many other hours downloading mods from this site and making my own. One of the aspects of the game that has really caught my interest though, is the Dark Brotherhood. I really liked being a part of that faction. But, if you ask me (and I'm sure many others would say the same), the ending to the Dark Brotherhood questline is PATHETIC! You take over the job as Listener, and from there play errand boy to the only remaining Speaker, that female dog Arquen, to fetch a mere 200 gold a week. Sure, you can get a mod that increases your weekly income, but that just isn't enough. To make matters worse, the new Murderers Arquen hires are also pathetic and weak. Their voices all tremble with fear when you give them orders.

What I am writing here is really more of a request than a blog. What I would like to do is begin a project to create a mod that will let you rebuild the Black Hand. I would like to make a mod that will let you go searching for other Speakers WORTHY of the title, killing Arquen for her insolence in the process. However, in order to do this I will need help. I can attach scripts and factions to NPC's, aswell as attach NIF files to new weapons, armor, clothing, or static objects. But I will need other people to help me out with creating those scripts in the first place, since I am clueless as to how to do it, and I know that there are some pro modders out there who know exactly how it's done. Chances are that one of you is reading this right now.

And before anyone tells me, yes I am aware of the fact that there is a Dark Brotherhood Oblivion mod being worked on, and they plan to do a lot more than I do. But from what I've read on different websites, that mod may be dead, as I read that their last update was two years ago. So please, if there are any people out there who love the Dark Brotherhood, hate its ending, and want to make it better but not wait for a mod that's probably dead, please contact me. I would really like to see a mod like this done.

On the other hand, if anyone has any information about the Dark Brotherhood Olivion mod, please tell me, as I would hate to waste my time and that of many others.

Archived