Do you use Steam Workshop for your mods?

CaseyTheVA

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Steam Workshop?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys, I hope it's okay to make this quick poll. I'm just curious to see if people are hot on using Steam Workshop for mods or not. I'm not sure if I should release my mod the traditional way or with Steam Workshop.

Thanks! :)

Not just no but Hell No. Nexus is the place for me and my mods. atleast until they ban me for trolling trolls i guess i did as i dont remember doing it, 3 strikes system, supposed warning for the first. never received for strike 1... lol all fun i guess, and I just prefer the Nexus.

It really depends on what you want, if you want limited functionality mods you can get many from the workshop and not worry about them being updated but you wont get the best mods because of the limitations. if you are an author and get off on the number of downloads then the workshop is the place to go.

No. The Nexus served me well way back in the day, and I see no reason why it wouldn't continue to do so in the future. Especially since it keeps getting functionality upgrades and improvements. I have nothing against the Workshop per se, but I do take issue with how the CK both was delayed until Valve got their bit ready and how it has certain design flaws that seem to be a direct result of tailoring it specifically for SteamWorks.

Having said that, I think it's a good thing that the Workshop got a lot of people into using mods who probably wouldn't have otherwise. If nothing else, that should make Bethesda even more committed to continue supporting the PC format and modding for their future games.

Also, I'm way too lazy to support a mod in more than one place.

Edited by No_Aardvarks_Allowed

I give worshop like 1 chance for every mod I do, if it f**k me over, then im done. I hate how most of my script dont make it in the bsa that they automaticly do. It seems to me that workshop only works fine with smaller mod.

I had my main mod on workshop for a while, had maybe a thousand people using it, but then it started to give me trouble and I took it down. I do mod beta so my betas go on the workshop but the final version wont.

A few of my mods are also on Steam Workshop. I hate the interface both for uploaders and mod users. Steam Workshop is designed wrong and they aren't doing anything to fix the problem. Many types of mods cannot be uploaded there because of their system. Things like mods with .esm files, mods with multiple .esp files, mods that are packaged in the loose files format, mods that have more than one text document associated with them, and mods that have pictures or maps included with the documentation.

Try building a number of mods and then see how many of them actually fit Steam Workshop's criteria and are actually possible to upload.

When I'm done with my project, it wont be on the workshop for many reasons. First and foremost, the workshop wouldn't support it. It has unsupported files, and is way too large. Second, the nexus has served me well for three years, and the workshop would be far too much of a headache for me to bother. If they fix it up and support my mod upon it's completion, I may use it. Otherwise my mod will be a nexus exclusive.