• Please log in to reply
2507 replies to this topic

rnzafdude

rnzafdude

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Disregard the remove 100% disease racial, didn't realise Vampires in Skyrim weren't just flags, they were clone races. Lol.

Psychos1s

Psychos1s

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
@rnzafdude-
Yes, that is the main problem otherwise we'd simply remove the disease immunity. And I appreciate your comments. It isn't something I take lightly and did try to have it included originally.

Your comments do give me new light though. It means I really don't need the DLC and I just simply need the race to be able to change into a vampire. I have a working modified esp file that allows this. I've commented on it in the past, buried in the pages of comments. I also added it to the FAQ's though. I have a duplicate TemptressRaceVampire and she get's the new spells etc. However the feed script is handled outside of the Creation Kit. So you can't feed. I had to use an outside vampire mod to get it to work. And believe this will be what we have to do.

I just wanted to wait for Dawnguard in hopes of it changing the whole vampire situation. I'll be working on that here shortly. Stay tuned everyone.

-Psychos1s

LenaMarie

LenaMarie

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
@Psychos1s
Apologies, It sounded like you just arent so into Dawnguard as the only reason you'd get it was to fix Temptresses to work with it. Vampires are huge nowadays (probably why bethesda decided to make this) but I respect not everyone likes vampires and finds this DLC to be "meh" because of that.

Hopefully someone though will figure something out in the meantime, It'll be a shame to have to stop using Temptress just do play dawnguard.

Psychos1s

Psychos1s

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
@LenaMarie-
You must have wrote that at the same time I wrote my comment just below yours.

I am into vampires and it makes sense to have beautiful seductive women vampires. I just didn't want to spend time getting it to work and have Dawnguard completely change the way vampires are handled and then I wasted all that time for nothing.

I didn't realize that Dawnguard was going to be $20. Which is actually pretty cheap but I'm super burned out of the game right now. I've spent countless hours with Brokefoot getting the race where it is and the constant debugging and improvements along the way. Now I just don't want to touch Skyrim. So the thought to buy a $20 DLC just so others can play a Temptress Race as a vampire knowing that I wasn't going to play it seemed silly. It's not that I don't care about the community but feel I've already given a lot of my personal time asking nothing in return.

That being said, rnzafdude noted that vampires are still needed and handled the original way. So I don't need the DLC to get this running for everyone. I will be working on this...

-Psychos1s

Edit: Thanks to user DjMay for gifting me a copy of Dawnguard on Steam.

Edited by Psychos1s, 03 August 2012 - 10:32 PM.

LenaMarie

LenaMarie

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Yes, I did write while you where posting. I can definatly understand not wanting to buy Dawnguard knowing you cant play it, and Im also glad a fix can be made without Dawnguard. Im holding off playing anymore now until the fix is released, I really didnt want to stop playing my Temptress, shes incredible!

As a side effect of the fix, does it mean we'll be able to mod the Temptress-Vampire race ourselves with paler skins and the glowing Dawnguard Vampire eyes by dropping files into a folder like you can do now with the regular Temptresses?

Though I hope this passes soon, as you have said you like Vampires, Dawnguard would be great for you then, it seems Bethesda really made it in such a way that if your into Vamps you'll enjoy it a lot, but if your not so into vampires you'll likely hate it. So I hope you and indeed all skyrim players who enjoy Vampires get to enjoy Dawnguard soon.

zzjay

zzjay

Per Aspera Ad Astra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts
This should fix the dawnguard issue
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21639

Edited by zzjay, 04 August 2012 - 10:07 AM.

alexander1685

alexander1685

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
I have a question about different face mods out there and how to apply them to the temptress race. I downloaded stuff like the optional make-up file for Better Females by Bella, Joseph Anthonys Lip Gloss, The Eyes of Beauty. I see absolutely no difference for my character, only for other females. Is this intentionally so, or is there a way around this? From what I've understand Temptress has it's own character folders?

BakumatsuX

BakumatsuX

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question but since I've installed the face textures to make my nord look like a temptress, all other female npcs look like they all have bright eyes. I can't find a female character with brown or dark eyes. Is this normal or is a consequence of installing the textures?

Psychos1s

Psychos1s

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
@zzjay-
The guide provided in that link was the same method I used to get the TemptressRaceVampire counterpart. The issue is bridging the gap between the two. It requires scripting that I'm not familiar with. And doing some searches it seems most are in my boat.

Right now the only solution I have is to bring up the console and do a setrace TemptressRaceVampire. It does change the look slighly. The cheeks cave in a bit and the chin is a little more pronounced. I'm sure this is scripting held in either vampire or probably ActorTypeUndead. I'd assume the Undead version. I can play around with it some more. I'm just not really happy with this solution but it does allow the Temptress Race to become a vampire.

Basically the way it is now the originally Temptress Race can get the disease and powers. But they can't feed and I don't think NPC's react differently towards them. By doing the setrace change the race becomes a full fledged vampire. The Better Vampire mod is still required. When I did testing with the older version of Better Vampires a couple months ago I swear I was able to do it without changing the race in the console.

I haven't given up yet. I spent a few hours on it last night and have a scripting change I want to try but haven't ever done it before.

@alexander1685-
The Temptress Race does have its own folder structure. You would have to modify those files just like you do with the normal mod locations.

@BakumatsuX-
Yes this would be the case.

-Psychos1s

Edited by Psychos1s, 04 August 2012 - 02:46 PM.

Testarlive

Testarlive

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
For those who are searching for a way to stop this shitty Face Morph follow my instructions :

Custom race, vanilla, or custom meshes/textures... It just works fine !! Only 2 things : pale skin & Vampire Lord eyes !

First download or follow the tips in this mod : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21656

After that, you will still have the face of an anorexic idiot.

So after some research I found this mod : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16506

Using both will do the trick guys !! Now I can play Skyrim again ! :)

Page loaded in: 0.931 seconds