Skyrim Not responding at launch

DecimalCoyote

My game was running perfectly fine the day before the patch update, I have installed no new mods but i have updated to the newest SKSE file. I went to play my game the day of the patch update (noticed steam inform me my TESV update was finished) and now everytime i go to play Skyrim the game loads right up until it's about to show the main menu (continue/load/new etc) and then comes up with the not responding message.

This messagehappens straight away with no delay or waiting time, it simply goes to show the mainmenu screen and "crashs".

Can anyone help me fix this problem? I can do a full reinstall but id rather try fix it 1st as that is going to take awhile just for the game and i'll have a lot of mods to re install also.

Disable all the mods.

Also post a list of mods so people can see what might be causing the problem.

Also try to disable Steam In-game since it appears around the same time as the menu.

Edited by EL1TE

Disable all the mods.

Also try to disable Steam In-game since it appears around the same time as the menu.

ok ill try that and take a SS of my mods.

Also how do you disable Steam In-game?

Disable all the mods.

ok ill try that and take a SS of my mods.

Also how do you disable Steam In-game?

To Disable Steam in-Game go to your Library, right click Skyrim - properties and remove the check from "Enable Steam Community In-Game"

As for the Mods there's no need to take screenshots, go to the Start menu - Run and write: %LOCALAPPDATA%

Now go to the Skyrim folder and open either the loadorder or plugins file, copy and paste here.

I am currently disabling my mods. I have disabled the 1st 10 mods on the list and I tested the game and now it loads properly. I am currently reactivating each mod 1 by 1 and testing the game after doing so to see if it still works. I should pin point the mod soon that maybe causing the problem.

lucky as it appears its one of the 1st and i didnt have to deactivate them all.

my mods and load order just incase anyone can see something wrong with it also.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

AOM.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

SoS - The Wilds.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Realistic Lighting.esp

Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp

Weapons and Armor fixes.esp

Weapons and Armor fixes - Hacks.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

AOM.esp

AV1Dragon_Lords.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

Dr_Bandolier.esp

DSpSoB.esp

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp

Tytanis - Horse Armor Vendor.esp

AutomaticItemStorage.esp

Blades_of_Chaos.esp

Dread Knight Weapon Set.esp

DynamicLoot.esp

FlameAtronachArmor.esp

FS_AngelsInSkyrim.esp

FullBootForKKSA.esp

HBetterBows.esp

Jojjos Warglaives.esp

Ranger's Cape.esp

Silverlight Armor.esp

Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp

Complete Crafting Overhaul - BS version.esp

DeadlyDragons.esp

DeadlyDragonsArmory.esp

cascade_house.esp

AT - Faster Arrows Improved +10%.esp

AT - Merchants Arrows +100%.esp

AT - Increased Progressive Damage (BS and CCO) +100%.esp

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Spells.esp

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Potions (Weightless).esp

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Miscellaneous.esp

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Books.esp

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Food (Weightless).esp

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ingredients.esp

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ammo.esp

Headbomb's Better Sorting - Soul Gems (Ranked).esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

The Dance of Death.esp

FallOut3Hairs.esp

MTOH.esp

Oblivion hair.esp

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

FollowerWander2.esp

Spousetocustomhome.esp

WATER.esp

GreenWaterFixForWATER.esp

LFDarksidersWarSet.esp

Demon Horse.esp

MLLY - MALE.esp

MLLY - FEMALE.esp

Jaredschons&D13AdvDwarvenBowAllIn1.esp

Edited by DecimalCoyote

Problem fixed. Don't know what was happening as i didn't really do anything. Just deactivated the 1st 10 mods and re-activated them one by one and it works now with them all activated. thanks for your help anyway now i know how to get a list of my mods to post etc :)

Problem fixed. Don't know what was happening as i didn't really do anything. Just deactivated the 1st 10 mods and re-activated them one by one and it works now with them all activated. thanks for your help anyway now i know how to get a list of my mods to post etc :)

Great, you might want to share the mod causing the issue as it will help other people, have fun. =)

Great, you might want to share the mod causing the issue as it will help other people, have fun. =)

If you find out what caused this, let me know. I am having the exact same problem you are.

• 1 year later...

Im having a similar problem...my when i load both skyrim and SKSE it will show the first part but after bethesta's logo the skyrim symbol just sits on the right side of my screene and i dnt see anything else...not even the new continue load...and i just bought it i downloaded some mods before it was complete but i deactivated them and still nothing...do i un install them?