Adding Detect Life affect to Khajit Night eye

vlaka

Hi everyone! :D

Recently downloaded Christchex Better Night Eye and was amazed at how well it enhanced the night eye. It even has a pseudo Predator colour effect which looks fanatastic!

Was wondering if there are any mods out there that add detect life spell effect to night eye or if anyone out there would know how I could go about adding it to the mod/spell using the CK?

Hope to hear from somebody soon :D

Thank you

The DetectLife spell uses four MagicEffects:

DetectLifeFriendExteriorSelfFF

DetectLifeFriendInteriorSelfFF

DetectLifeEnemyExteriorSelfFF

DetectLifeEnemyInteriorSelfFF

Simply add those MagicEffects to the PowerKhajiitNightEye spell's Effect List in the CK.

thank you very much :D

Would I need to load skyrim.esm and the mod file or just skyrim.esm?

Im not too knowledgeable with the CK and have no idea what to do :(

Love your mods btw ;D

Edited by vlaka

If you want to modify Christchex Better Night Eye then make a copy of the mod's .esm file and rename the file. Load the copied/renamed mod in CK as the active file, then make your edits and save it. Test out your new mod (make sure the original one is uninstalled first).

If you want to make your own mod from scratch, just load Skyrim.esm, make your edits, save it and type in a name for your new mod when prompted.

Edited by steve40

Thank you very very much!!!!

Will keep tinkering with the CK thanks to your help and your handy tutorial!!!

I'm stumped :(

I've managed to find the nighteye magic effect but have no idea how to add detect life to the script o_O

I think i'm way in over my head lol

Edited by vlaka

Add the detect life MagicEffects to the Night Eye Spell Form, not to the MagicEffect form. The form might actually be listed under "Powers" in the "Magic" subtree in the CK Object Window. When you edit the form, there will be a big white area on the right side where you add the MagicEffects. You shouldn't need to touch the scripts at all. The pic below shows what a Spell Form should look like. Just right-click in the big white area and choose ADD then pick the four magic effects (that I listed in my earlier post) from the drop-list. Then for the AREA value, give 200 to the two "Exterior" detect life effects and 100 Area for the two "Interior" effects. If the "duration" field is not greyed out, then type in the same number that is used for the night eye effect. That should be pretty much all you need to do!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6173149_f520.jpg

Edited by steve40

Allrighty.

I added the four spells but cant seem to work out how to get detect life to remain cast/passive.

Atm i have the distance set to 9999999 but it only reaches so far and i dont want to keep casting night eye just to detect life ie:i want to move about in the darkness and keep on detecting life without having to recast nighteye :D

Also keeps toggling detect life whenever i turn nighteye on or off.

I'm clueless as to how to make detect life a passive effect.

Edited by vlaka

Don't know of any "distance" setting... area=200 for outdoors, 100 for indoors.

In the night eye spell form, double-click EACH magic effect, and in the dialogue that appears, set the DURATION to 999 d. So you should have 5 magic effects to change.

Now when you toggle the combined "night eye+detect life" power on it should stay on (for up to 999 days :biggrin: ) until you toggle it off.

EDIT: also, in the night eye spell form, tic the box AREA EFFECT IGNORES LOS and also untick AUTO-CALCULATE and make sure the spell cost is zero.

ALSO, if you look at the original Detect Life spell form and double-click each of the four magic effects, you will see that they have a Condition set on each. You need to right-click each condition and select COPY, then go to your custom night eye spell, double-click the matching magic effect and PASTE the condition into it for each magic effect.

The conditions should be:

"IsHostileToActor [TARGET] != 0 (run on SUBJECT)" for detect "enemy"

"IsHostileToActor [TARGET] == 0 (run on SUBJECT)" for detect "friend"

EDIT: I just tested night eye with these settings, it works and detect life stays on 8)

Edited by steve40

got it working only thing is detect life wont detect life outside of the radius of where I am and I need to keep casting night eye to refresh it.

Would I need to turn the night eye spell into an enchant or something like that or possibly script it so its constantly being cast?? o_O

Edited by vlaka