Adding Detect Life affect to Khajit Night eye

vlaka

The script is principally the same as the vanilla one, so I don't think it is an issue.

I'll have to look at the esp to see what's going on and attach my script to see what happens.

Edit: OK, in my previous post I gave you instructions in step #5 to attach my ConstantDetectLife script to the "NightEyeEffect" Magic Effect. However, the modder has made his own effect called "0cc_NightEyeEffectKhajiit". THAT is the effect that you need to attach my script to. Then it should work.

I've modded the file, so I'll go test it in game now.

Edit: No, it's not working. I'll have to look at it closer tomorrow.

Edited by steve40

OK, I've figured out the problem. Christchex had his "0cc_NightEyeEffectKhajiit" Magic Effect configured with the "No Duration" box ticked. You need to untick that box. Attach my script to this effect, like I said in my last post (don't forget to auto-fill the script property). Then edit the PowerKhajiitNightEye spell, double click on the "Night Eye" effect and set the duration to "999 days" like I described to you in one of my previous posts. That should be it.

The reason why the "no duration" setting was causing problems is a bit strange - I assumed it would make the effect perpetual, but actually it made the effect almost instantly dispel, so it effectively dispelled the Detect Life spell and stopped it from refreshing :facepalm: On the other hand, IMODs (image modifiers) don't "dispel", so the nighteye effect kept working regardless.

Ok, try that and let me know how it goes.

PS. Christchex also modded the werewolf and vampire vision. If you want to mod them as well, you will have to attach my script to 0cc_NightEyeEffectWerewold and Occ_NightEyeEffectVamp (and fix the "no duration" problem for those also)

finally got around to doing it Steve and it works!!!

You're a legend, thank you so much for your help!!! :D

Only thing is DL stays cast after i've deactivated nighteye but I guess I can live with that :D

to make a backup of the modded files do i just need the esp and the bsa?

Thank you again!!!!!!!

Edited by vlaka

Sorry that I didn't look into it, myself. Been busy yelling at inanimate objects (computer) and such (skyrim)... although, since someone else did part of the work for me, I'm appreciative. However, I'm leaning towards making detect life a bonus perk for night eye. :)