[LE] Rochebere- A brand new city- Coming Soon

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it's been such a long time since the last update everyone! I've not really got a lot to show in terms of progress since I haven't been working on the mod over the last few months for a few reasons. One of them is time- since last week I was still sitting my exams, so obviously the time I had leftover was very minimal. The second, and probably bigger reason, is the fact that I still haven't been able to solve the issue where the world map crashes when loaded from interiors, and I believe the only way to fix this is by recreating the entire worldspace from scratch :sad: . So subsequently I've been putting off working on the mod even when I do have time so that I don't have to deal with the problem- rebuilding Rochebere Valley in a new worldspace will take at least 2 months, probably longer knowing my obsessiveness with changing things that don't necessarily need changing as I want them to be perfect; I would probably end up completely re-designing the layout of the map.

If it's not too much trouble, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone who reads this could give me their opinion on the matter. Should I leave the mod as it is, but prone to crashes when loading the map from interiors? Or should I effectively start the Rochebere Valley worldspace from scratch to solve this?

So yeah, that's a long-story-short of why there haven't been any updates. Hopefully you all understand,

Sam

I'm no expert, and struggling along with my own weird bugs, but what makes you think that making a new worldspace is the only option? Do you have a basic idea of what might be causing it? If I had to take a stab in the dark, I'd say it has something to do with the LOD used by the map. Have you tried redoing the LODs?

If you do have to restart, at the very least perhaps you could copy-paste all references/objects over to the new worldspace with something like TES5Edit and hope for the best. Then you'd mostly have to mess with terrain again. I'd love to help more, as Rochebere is something I'm really looking forward to, but without more information on when the crashing started, what you think might be the cause, etc, that's all I've got.

Sam, I've only recently heard about Rochebere but I would love to contribute. Not actual creation wise because I'm quite lack luster there but Voice Acting wise I accel. I'm 17 and would love to contribute to the voice acting of this mod. For the children or anything you may have. I don't know if you have any scripts for miscellaneous NPC's set in stone but I have some ideas both serious and one or two both for the children and adults to put a small comedic twist to. Please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] I have a high quality mic and software to clear up any nastiness. Just a simple no reply would make me happy that you acknowledged me though :smile:

Both seems like scary options, crashes are needless to say not fun. But the idea of starting over can't be fun at all. I find it's important to enjoy what you are working on and not feel it's a chore.

I absolutely hate crashing, so I'd have to vote against leaving it as is. But if it's a choice between having the mod crashy or not having it at all (i.e: if you think that much work will chase you away from the project) then I'd rather have it crashy.

Crap, man, that sucks. Well, even when you think something's done, there will always be something to tweak, something to make better. I know building something as big as Rochbere from scratch again would be a pain the arse (biggest understand of the century). If you can, try to find the problem area, mercilessly probe it with tweaks, changes, and fixes, and see if that works.

I have shared this mod thread with some people i know to see if they can help you on the issues you are having. I really hope you get some assistance.

I hope you find a fix, this looks amazing!

What I'm doing at the moment is trying to recreate a worldspace similar to the original using cut and pasted static references, as well as adding in/changing areas that weren't perfect before. It's very annoying to say the least, but that's what I'm currently planning. It's one of the only options since I discovered this bug waaaaay after it first appeared, so reverting back to an old copy of the .esp would result in me losing more work than it's worth. Thank you for the support everyone!

I'm no expert, and struggling along with my own weird bugs, but what makes you think that making a new worldspace is the only option? Do you have a basic idea of what might be causing it? If I had to take a stab in the dark, I'd say it has something to do with the LOD used by the map. Have you tried redoing the LODs?

If you do have to restart, at the very least perhaps you could copy-paste all references/objects over to the new worldspace with something like TES5Edit and hope for the best. Then you'd mostly have to mess with terrain again. I'd love to help more, as Rochebere is something I'm really looking forward to, but without more information on when the crashing started, what you think might be the cause, etc, that's all I've got.

As far as I'm aware the problem is the cause of the problem, but it's not something that can be fixed by regenerating. For example, when the LOD is deleted so that the default Skyrim world map loads the game does not crash, but the custom LOD world map does cause the crash. Unfortunately, no matter how many times I regenerate the LOD nothing changes. So I think it's an underlying problem with the worldspace that only becomes a real issue when LOD is generated.
Thanks for the suggestions anyway!

You could possibly seek assistance from one of the other well known modders? Perhaps see if they can fix the map issue or even let a select few 'Beta' test, never know a fresh pair of eyes may help :smile: Otherwise I would say finish making it, release a beta on nexus with a warning and seek feedback, someone is bound to open it in the CK to see if they can find the issue. Up to you of course :smile:

I could do, but I have a feeling other modders such as Alexander J. Velicky would have also made threads if they encountered this problem. I will probably start doing beta tests nearer completion, hopefully when I've ironed out some of the creases so that it's a bug ridden mess like it is at the moment!

If you need any voice actors here is my info.

GAWDLeader
Actor Stats
Race: White/Cacasian
Last Updated: 3/25/2013
Active Member: Yes, Very active. Also can email me at [email protected], will respond within the day (usually)
Playable Races:
Anything, could make it work. (Be best at orc, possibly nord, but really anything)
Experience:
Fairly experienced
Skills:
A lot of accents, not afraid to go outside my voice comfort zone.
Very deep voice, really take on the persona of my character.
(Can also play classical guitar if needed)
About Me:
Have voice acted before, not a lot
Used to be a stage actor for awhile, doing it since I was a kid
Use a blue yeti for mic and Action! for a recording software.

Sam, I've only recently heard about Rochebere but I would love to contribute. Not actual creation wise because I'm quite lack luster there but Voice Acting wise I accel. I'm 17 and would love to contribute to the voice acting of this mod. For the children or anything you may have. I don't know if you have any scripts for miscellaneous NPC's set in stone but I have some ideas both serious and one or two both for the children and adults to put a small comedic twist to. Please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] I have a high quality mic and software to clear up any nastiness. Just a simple no reply would make me happy that you acknowledged me though :smile:

Thanks for taking an interest in acting for Rochebere! I don't actually have any lines for that mod at the moment, but I do have lots of roles that need filling for my other mod, The Lost Isles, which will probably be released as the first of the two. I'll shoot you a PM later if you're still interested? Sorry for the wait GAWDLeader, I haven't looked at the thread in quite a while.

Edited by samv96UK

Hi there Sam. I wanted to write you a pm, but apparently you can't receive them xD. So I'll just write here.

My name is Toni and I just recently joined the forums, because I have started working on a follower.

I also am trying to get myself involved in some projects out there as a voice actor and I bet there are quite a few, who have already offered their services to you, but I definitely wanted to give it a try. :)

I've got a sample of my follower mod in my signature, in case you want to check out how well I perform on my current level. :D So far I can only show you one character, but I will try to get more examples ready for tomorrow. :)

Hi there Sam. I wanted to write you a pm, but apparently you can't receive them xD. So I'll just write here.

My name is Toni and I just recently joined the forums, because I have started working on a follower.

I also am trying to get myself involved in some projects out there as a voice actor and I bet there are quite a few, who have already offered their services to you, but I definitely wanted to give it a try. :)

I've got a sample of my follower mod in my signature, in case you want to check out how well I perform on my current level. :D So far I can only show you one character, but I will try to get more examples ready for tomorrow. :)

My inbox is probably full, a I'll clear it up a little then shoot you a message!

• 1 month later...
This mod is the mod that i was looking for a couple of years. That city is amasing it is big it has a medieval style and its cosy. And for that quest line there are just no words. Burning building, a terror that rules the city and wants to take it over, and being a big part in the story. I am looking forward for more. I can,t wait for this town mod. This mod is gonna be of the best mods you can find. Keep up the good work

• 1 month later...