[LE] Rochebere- A brand new city- Coming Soon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update time- good news and bad news! I've still been struggling to find free time the past couple of months, but the good news is in the past few weeks I've been able to set aside some time to make some more advancements with the game-breaking problems I've been having with Rochebere. The bad news, however, is that I'm led to believe the problem is coming from the .esp (mod file) itself rather than the just the worldspace. I have reason to believe this as every time I try to make a new worldspace and generate LOD for it something goes wrong- namely worlds can no longer be entered without the game crashing or if they are the LOD is very glitchy. One example is that the land LOD would not go below a certain height. There was a section of the new map I made quick had a fairly deep valley but the LOD was making a lot shallower than it should have been. It's strange as I've never had these kind of problems in other .esp files (i.e. The Lost Isles). This is a very big problem as, if this is the case, I will literally have to start the mod from scratch. Slightly depressing news, but regardless I hope to push on and find a way around this!

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you resolved your issue and don't have to start from scratch ..... D: D: D:

Either way, keep up the good work!! =D

Update time- good news and bad news! I've still been struggling to find free time the past couple of months, but the good news is in the past few weeks I've been able to set aside some time to make some more advancements with the game-breaking problems I've been having with Rochebere. The bad news, however, is that I'm led to believe the problem is coming from the .esp (mod file) itself rather than the just the worldspace. I have reason to believe this as every time I try to make a new worldspace and generate LOD for it something goes wrong- namely worlds can no longer be entered without the game crashing or if they are the LOD is very glitchy. One example is that the land LOD would not go below a certain height. There was a section of the new map I made quick had a fairly deep valley but the LOD was making a lot shallower than it should have been. It's strange as I've never had these kind of problems in other .esp files (i.e. The Lost Isles). This is a very big problem as, if this is the case, I will literally have to start the mod from scratch. Slightly depressing news, but regardless I hope to push on and find a way around this!

Although I've only dabbled with the creation kit I've worked with pc games of one kind or another for nearly 30 years. It really sounds to me like the is a fundamental problem that got lost in the shuffle. The proverbial bad poke or peek to a memory location that has been moved. I too have been at my wits end trying to figure out why this or that code didn't work once compiled when everything looked right to ME. More than once it was an errant comma or semi-colon that I just couldn't see from looking at the work for so long. I hope you'll reach out to some fellow modders before deciding to start from scratch. On the other hand, you have been working on this for a very long time and if you have all of the separate pieces clean and ready to go it may behoove you to set aside a weekend or some weeknights and rebuild. I would hate to see all of your hard work just end up on a dusty virtual shelf. Many of us have been following your progress for quite some time and I for one am dying for a decent expansion to Tamriel. Best of luck. I'll keep patiently watching and waiting and checking this thread every so often. :)

At the very least, you should be able to safely copy everything but the worldspace over from the existing .esp without any issues, right? Then all you'll have to redo from scratch is the worldspace and the terrain editing, with all of the objects (and everything else) still in place from your existing work.

If you'd like another set of eyes, to see if maybe you missed something because you've been working on the problem for so long, I'd gladly take a look at it. I'm sure there are other modders here who are willing to help too!

• 1 month later...