How do I uninstall Skyrim?

Falloutman117

Anyway, hey guys, considering no one answered my post from a few hours ago, I felt I had no choice but to do this, please, if anyone can tell me how to just get rid of the entire game so I reinstall it, and put only in trusted uncomplicated mods from now on (Small quests, houses, NPC, followers, weapons armor, and possibley a few texture changers that don't damage my game), anyway, please respond telling me how to get rid of the game.

You can just go into your steam library, right click Skyrim and choose 'delete local content'. After you are done this you will go to the following folder and delete it to remove any mods which still remain:

\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim (delete only the Skyrim folder, you don't want to delete any of your other games)

You can just go into your steam library, right click Skyrim and choose 'delete local content'. After you are done this you will go to the following folder and delete it to remove any mods which still remain:

\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim (delete only the Skyrim folder, you don't want to delete any of your other games)

How do I reinstall it now and get it off my Steam?

It's been awhile, but you might also want to check My Documents/ My Games and delete the "skyrim" folder from there. (If it remains after the "delete local content" thing.)

Also not a bad idea to run a registry cleaner like this one after your uninstallation is complete.

How do I reinstall it now and get it off my Steam?

Not sure what you mean. "Reinstall" and "Get it off my Steam" contradict each other, no? Unless you mean "off" in the sense of "from"? After you go through the steps outlined by BeyondTom, and perhaps the ones I pointed out, Skyrim will still be in your steam library just not installed. Click "install game" to reinstall a fresh new skyrim onto your PC.

@kevkiev

Also not a bad idea to run a registry cleaner like this one after your uninstallation is complete.

Off topic but just wanted to say thanx for the link, nice little jewel!

Hey, my pleasure. Yeah, it really is a great little app.

.... Oh, and with the My Games\Skyrim folder, be careful not to delete your game saves.

Yikes, good point, I shoulda mentioned that. For my own reference if I do a reinstall sometime, do you have to copy old saves to somewhere else prior to reinstalling and then copy 'em back afterwards? I can't remember whether an uninstall/reinstall wipes those out or not.

If you really want to start with a clean game, I wouldn't use old saves. They will contain elements from mods you were using with the previous Skyrim install.They don't go away just because you uninstall the mod and make a newer save. They propagate from save to save. This will likely cause problems.