Sneak Tools

• Please log in to reply
1829 replies to this topic

ukiman

ukiman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
This mod doesn't work for me. Neither throat slitting nor knocking unconscious work. The only option I have when I sneak behind some NPC, whether there's a dagger equipped or just fists, is to pickpocket but when I try, nothing happens. It's the first time I installed the mod, no updates, just the regular, latest version mod. Also, I looked at the readme in the known incompatibilities, and there's nothing there that relates to me. Thanks

Ballaum

Ballaum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
The mod doesnt work for me eather... pls fix its too awesome

Edited by Ballaum, 02 July 2012 - 03:51 PM.

R4444KK0N

R4444KK0N

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
how about torch arrows? Just one idea! Tracked for later download nice work so far.

Borgut1337

Borgut1337

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
@ukiman & Ballaum If you look at any forge and go to the iron and leather categories, do you see the new rope arrows/dark cowls there as craftable items? If you don't, it means you didn't install/activate the mod correctly. If you do... I'm going to have to try and figure out why the rest doesn't work, and in the meantime you could try entering in the console: ''stopQuest SneakToolsMainQuest'' <PRESS ENTER> ''startQuest SneakToolsMainQuest'' <PRESS ENTER> without the quotation markers, and see if it works then. Also, is there anyone else who can confirm for me that it DOES work? just so I know the upload went right?

tibel

tibel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
@Borgut1337 I have only tested the sneak-knockout and sneak-kill on conscious targets. Before the update I could not get the sneak-kill with a dagger to function it only gave me the vanilla pickpocket. The knockout would do it automatically without giving an option box. Since the update the sneak-kill now works but in the same fashion as the sneak-knockout -- no option just auto. I see the vanilla pickpocket when I sneak behind someone but when I hit the action but it auto kills or knockouts without a prompt. I have not tested any of the other aspects of the mod. I will be endorsing regardless of compatibility with SkyRe because the functions work just not as intended with my setup (which is my own fault). Thanks for your work and I look forward to using your mod in the future.

UnlovedChildren

UnlovedChildren

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Im still having the same issue with getting the option to slit their throat when i am behind the npc. I hit "e", and nothing happens. Also it is not a guard it is a bandit.

Borgut1337

Borgut1337

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
@tibel What do you mean with compatibility with SkyRe and not working as intended? The way you described how throat slitting/knocking out worked is precisely as intended (the menus were in older versions, later versions I removed the menus intentionally, videos show old version). Just to be clear, the update you're talking about which does work is 0.31, right? @UnlovedChildren If you've previously used another version of the mod, and forgot to make a clean save when upgrading, please do make a clean save or some things will indeed not work as intended. If clean saving doesn't fix the issue, please check if other features do work or not.

UnlovedChildren

UnlovedChildren

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
@bogut1337 will i still be able to use my previous save?

Borgut1337

Borgut1337

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
Since still quite a lot of people seem to have problems with throat slitting and I keep having to ask the same questions, I added the following on top of the description:

Some people are reporting issues with throat slitting not working. If you have this problem, before reporting it please double-check and confirm (also confirm this in your post please) the following:

- You are using version 0.31 BETA
- You installed everything correctly
- If you were previously using some other version, you followed the steps in the description for ''Upgrading from a previous version''
- Please check if it is only throat slitting which doesn't work, or if nothing works (for example check at a forge if you can craft the new items)
- Please check whether any of the mods mentioned under known incompatibilities are being used by you and could be causing the problem

Please write all of the above information in your post when reporting this specific issue.

@UnlovedChildren

yes, just make a clean save as described in the readme under ''Upgrading from a previous version''.

Edited by Borgut1337, 02 July 2012 - 04:44 PM.

namaste911

namaste911

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts
I'm running v.0.31 and is working fine so far, gotta keep on testing some features but what I've seen is great, awesome mod, endorsed!

Page loaded in: 1.044 seconds