• Please log in to reply
1816 replies to this topic

Aldarinor

Aldarinor

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Maybe I'm being absent-minded and didn't read something, but... the mod ain't working for me. I downloaded it with the Mod Manager, which gave me no problems, and told it to activate it. That should do it, right?

Well, it doesn't. No added in-game options, and no lesser power available. I know it's not much to analyze, but still... Does anybody know how to help me out? I'd be really grateful, this mod sounds like an awesome addition to Skyrim for a lover of stealth like myself.

Thanks in advance.

nathanj

nathanj

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts
Just an update. I uninstalled Reneers Crime Overhaul and it solved my issue. I can now slit throats without alerting everyone and their mom's gigolo. :) Found out that it was also the mod that was causing Ghorbash to add all wierd on occasions. I didn't realize that Ghorbash was in the "guard" faction.

toorup

toorup

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
great mod, btw i took the mask off right infront of a guard after i commit a crime and mask bounty did not convert over to real bounty. I tested shrouded cowl with option file(installed correctly) and it doesnt work

Edited by toorup, 14 August 2012 - 07:35 AM.

Borgut1337

Borgut1337

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
@Brehanin2

Correct

@thaiboiz

It would be possible... but the problem would be I would need to spread scripts around over all NPCs in skyrim to do that properly, which is something I do not need for all the current Sneak Tools features. I DO already do this in one of my other mods, Deadly Combat, so performance-wise it would be much smarter to integrate it in there immediately. But then I'd have to make copies of lots of scripts already in place in Sneak Tools...

all of those ''solutions'' don't really seem worth the effort to me.

@Aldarinor

Do you have the latest official skyrim version?

@nathanj

Yes, that's a pity :( Reneer makes really nice and fun mods (he also made a popular guard overhaul mod back in Oblivion), but iirc there were also some issues around there.. and I see he hasn't updated his skyrim mod either in quite a while :(

@toorup

Does the shrouded cowl otherwise work correctly as a mask? Does it prevent you from talking to most NPCs when equipped for example?

toorup

toorup

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
shrouded cowl doesnt not work as a mask, no mask bounty i can still talk to people and when i put on regular cowl i cant talk to people @borgut yes i even tried installing it after and before, I was testing the mod at riften if that makes a difference. have u tested it yourself ? or is it just not working for me

Edited by toorup, 14 August 2012 - 09:17 PM.

Borgut1337

Borgut1337

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
@toorup

Are you 100% sure the optional file comes after the main file in your load order?

Borgut1337

Borgut1337

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
Scheduled for release later today, probably the biggest set of new features and improvements I've ever done for any of my mods: - (almost) all fires, candles and torches around skyrim extinguishable and (re)lightable through the use of frost and fire spells - Water and Fire arrows to provide a non-mage alternative for the above feature - Noisemaker arrows - Oil arrows - Greatly increased jump height while climbing a rope arrow, to make them much more useful for actually climbing onto terrain. - Identity-concealment properties for mask as an Enchantment instead of script, which means it will be easier for other modders to make patches for their own modded masks, and also means that the player can learn this enchantment through disenchanting and enchant any headwear he likes in-game himself to act like an identity-concealing mask. - Greatly reduced gold for Horstar, to make it much harder to exploit him as a vendor accesible from anywhere. @toorup I have tested it before so it should work.. but as written above I do have some changes planned and updated the optional patch files, so I'd advise to just wait for that and try then

Edited by Borgut1337, 15 August 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Mumbling stumbler

Mumbling stumbler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Do arrow ropes have a lifespan? I accidentally shot one at someone, missed, and created an out of place 'magic beanstalk' 2nd shot was a kill, and the rope did not deploy, I was able to recover the arrow. anyway, if they don't time out, a means to remove them would be great. Very much looking forward to oil arrow festivities.

Edited by Mumbling stumbler, 15 August 2012 - 09:36 AM.

Borgut1337

Borgut1337

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
@Mumbling stumbler

from readme:

Ropes will automatically be cleaned up after 2 full in-game days. If at that moment the ropes are in sight of the
player, they will not yet be cleaned up and the game will attempt to clean them up every 2 hours again.

Hmm that ''2 hours'' is a typo actually, should be ''2 days''. Also, rope arrows should generally recognise when they hit an NPC and then automatically not spawn a rope, but apparantly this can sometimes fail :(

Borgut1337

Borgut1337

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
Just uploaded a new version 0.60. NOTE THIS VERSION OF THE MOD REQUIRES SKSE!!! Changelog:

0.60 BETA(15 August 2012)
- Added the EXTINGUISHABLE AND (RE)LIGHTABLE FIRES feature.
- Added fire arrows.
- Added water arrows.
- Added oil arrows.
- Added noisemaker arrows.
- Greatly Reduced Horstar's amount of available gold.
- The identity-concealing properties of masks is now an Enchantment instead of a script. This meansit can be disenchanted and enchanted on other items.
- Greatly increased the player's jump height while climbing a rope.

Page loaded in: 1.037 seconds