Creation Kit making npcs practice on dummies

sammywolfboy

I realise this is an old thread, but I found issues with the advice given. Searching the forum for 'dummies' and 'mannequins' yielded no newer threads, so I'm adding to this one.

The problem with tkmoney01's guide is that it instructed all of my Actors to become archers, shooting at the same target. In order to get his instructions to work each archer would have to be a new individual Actor with its own ID.

EDIT: My solution limits the number of new Actors to one, removes the need for XMarkers, and relies instead on idle markers and naming objects. Though I've not tried it yet, the use of idle markers should make linking weapons practise into a patrol route much easier. My guide successfully duplicates the process used by Bethesda in the Solitude worldspace, and can be found on the Nexus wiki: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Adding_NPCs:_Archery_Trainees

I've tested it before posting and it worked for three archers in different positions and facing different angles around a map.

If anyone has any problems or refinements, please reply.

Edited by concretebuffalo

• 11 months later...

Thanks guys, this took me a long time to figure out for myself. I found this forum after I was quite frustrated...

Turns out you have to be careful with the weapons. Make sure the weapon you input in the AI package ("weapon type") is the same is in the player's inventory. I was using "DLC1Crossbow", but I had given my NPC an Enhanced Crossbow... Which has a different ref ID, therefore my NPC was standing around like a herpaderper.