• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ElvhenWrath

ElvhenWrath

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Skyrim was working absolutely fine yesterday, I defragged and verified the files through steam, and it's still not working. I really want to fix this WITHOUT uninstalling everything. Have I just overloaded the mods or...? If I have I can get rid of a few I don't need. I can launch Skyrim through NMM or Steam, I can get to the little window where you change resolutions and such, but when I press play, it starts up then closes instantly.

I have a Dell Studio 1500 with an Intel Centrino and it runs Vista. I have a graphics card, but I don't know what it is, this laptop was a gift. I don't know my RAM either, but hard drive has almost 300 gigs in memory. Sorry I don't know much more. But I would like some help soon I really want to play Skyrim. I have also downloaded 1.6 for Skyrim. I'm not sure if that's it or not.

Edited by ElvhenWrath, 04 July 2012 - 04:02 PM.

lolspek

lolspek

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Some of your mods are not compitable and steam didn't manage to find them, just de-activate all your mods in small groups till you don't get a CTD anymore, afterwards, you can activate your mods again.

ElvhenWrath

ElvhenWrath

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Didn't work.

ElvhenWrath

ElvhenWrath

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Although I did notice this, usually when I start NMM it automatically does the whole BOSS masterlist thing. But it hasn't been doing that. Could that be what's wrong?

Georgiegril

Georgiegril

I'm always like this

• Premium Member
  • 4,082 posts
Do you have any workshop mods? They might have updated without you noticing.

ElvhenWrath

ElvhenWrath

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I do but I noticed they downloaded. I decided I'd just reinstall Skyrim. See if that worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.855 seconds