Skyrim Minimap

The10thJinchuuriki

Well, seems kinda self-explanatory lol. A simple minimap that's next to your compass (or possibly be able to change it where you want) and it will give you a bird's eye view of the world and you're position. I did come across a minimap mod for Oblivion, so that gives me hopes that this can be done, and maybe even ported, if given permission? Honestly, as useful as the entire map is of Skyrim, It does get tedious having to constantly open the map every 5 minutes to make sure I'm going the right way.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
The minimap mod would render a lot of things redundant... For example.. the dragon shout bar, which practically shows everything in the minimap(if unexplored,it will be shown within specific range). And i wouldnt want any more blocking my view.. now if u want to make a small one.. id rather look at the main map.. or rather follow the shout bar compass.

• 3 weeks later...

It wouldn't have to make those things redundant.

What they'd like, and what I'd like, is a little minimap that shows the roads around your position, so you can easily check if you're still traveling in the right direction.

I'm not a big fan of having to open the full map every couple of minutes to check if I'm still on the right road, or if I missed my exit or something.

For the rest, I'd want to use the compass bar, just a little help in navigating the world.

As it is, I'm checking to see which roads to take to get to my destination. Then I see an explored landmark nearby and go "Screw it, I'll fast-travel there and make my way over."

Having a mod for a little minimap to help with that will cut down my want for fast travel.

many adventure do i find myself torn asunder by a random bear because i tried to bushwack off road to "shortcut" my travels. a minimap would definately be useful especially if it replaced the compass. i dont shout anyway thats so 2k11 lol