Runescape or World of Warcraft?

MooseTail

Runescape? or World of Warcraft?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. So, we've all either played both... Which one is better?

Remember MMO's? I mean they're all going in the gutter, but they were fun! I personally played both of these, but I'm going to have to go with World of Warcraft. Runescape was long, long ago.

It's no contest for me, I've played both, but one is a very average browser MMO, the other is a now largely forgettable, yet once superb, former legend.

Played RS when I was 11, quit a year later because it was boring, moved to WoW.

Edited by Vindekarr

I've played both. World of Warcraft, definitely. Runescape always looked a bit too weird, imo.

I agree, it was a 'diferent' mmo, but a really large pro it had is that it is in browser.

• 2 weeks later...

Runescape is more often than not what kids played from computers at school since it didn't need any download.

WoW is more often than not what people play when they have a few years of their life (plus subscription) to throw away on a game that really only gets interesting once you hit level cap.

Both weren't anything to write home about aside from the number of players.

Anarchy Online was done at about the same time as WoW, features better graphics, and had much more interesting gameplay and environments even before you got near the level cap. Sure, you needed the expansions to really feel much connection to the world, and to see most of the really cool stuff, but that's become standard with almost every MMO since Ultima Online and Everquest.

Chose Runescape. Brings back memories of playing Runescape on a shitty 400MHz Thinkpad with Windows 98 back in the day. Good times. Edited by Lutine

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...