Runescape or World of Warcraft?

MooseTail

Runescape? or World of Warcraft?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. So, we've all either played both... Which one is better?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Runescape was no better, as they have a cash shop now, and to do all the interesting stuff you had to pay 5-10 dollars per month. Though if you want an honest opinion, both games have horrid graphics. Both games have horrible communities, and both games can easily steal your life away if you let them. Though World of Warcraft by far, even though it is evil.

• 6 months later...

I didn't vote as I haven't played World of Warcraft, but in general I'm very wary of MMOs.

The reason? Continued development of the game can make it more interesting, but it can also ruin what you once liked about it.

There's something precious about turning on a game that you own that won't suddenly change overnight and ruin your experience with it. That's why I'm never wasting another second on an MMO (even Elder Scrolls Online). Sure, it might be a good game now, it could even have an excellent community. One day you might wake up to log in to find a new update that destroyed your character, soon later your friends leave, the community becomes lackluster, and all those hours you have spent trying to make something of it were fun at the time but turn into bitter regret at all the time wasted.

I used to play RS a long time ago. They have more content now, but the cash shop they added and some recent updates make the game seem very cheap and transparent...

• 1 year later...

I love love loved Runescape back in 2006-2007, but then they started making all these changes and I lost interest. around 2008 or 2009 I tried WoW for the first time and I loved it so much more than Runescape. I still have really fond memories of Runescape, but that was before they changed everything.

• 9 months later...