⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[Wip] M4a4 tank project

orangedemi

As much as i love getting comments and endorsements on my pictures i figured i should make a thread to consalidate ideas, comments suggestions and the general awesomeness that is the tank and those who support this idea.

also you can thank skyviper086 and my fiance for egging me on to do this

Before i start. I am not asking for someone to make this for me, im making it in fact i got the model and most of the rigging done already (as you can see from the pics. i am also trying to make this lore friendly (hence why its an m4a4 which was featured in Fallout tactics.)

and yes i know fallout tactics is not nessecarily "canon"

First off here are some pics of my Wip

(if you click on them magical things happen)

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images/2977858-1341894407.png

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images/2977858-1341961469.png

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images/2977858-1341973626.png

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/images/2977858-1341978060.png

As you can tell this is a labour of love, my over 37 different 1/35 scale tank models could of told you that. (they all have names. charlie is my favorite (he's a m4a3e8 :3)

I am not the best at blender im sure some one else could *ban me* out of the water on a project like this, i am also only fairly experienced in modding fallout new vegas (ive done modding for other games but i've never released anything except for new vegas)

which makes this project sort of like a 'for the people by the people' deal, ill do most the heavy lifting and those of that want to help ill accept it.

Now for ideas: (condensed)

-location: Old nuclear test site (based upon the fact the US used a few shermans to test their resistance to a nuclear blast (

)

-perks: tank repair man/ tank operation (possibly learn it thru manuals or an old ghoul ( idea courtesy of KennyMcCormick315 )

-Upgrades based new vegas tech and ww2 tech ( possibity to upgrade the tank with a dd kit cross the colorado river ( dd kit )

--also upgraded guns and armor

-shrinkability (?) (idea from looking at j3x and illyms driveable chimera)

-4 types of ammo for the 76mm. ap, he, fleteche and coin shot (seriously how fun would it be to launch 500 denairs at some legionaires?)

-runs on biodeisel (?) (the boomers have a bi0diesel refinery, so why not)

--latter can be upgraded to fusion

Edit 1: uvmaps are huuuurd guys, new pic

Edit 2: add a new pic, also wanted, someone who can make a texture that doesnt look like it was spray painted with an entire walmarts supply of green spray paint

so ya, comments, criticisms, suggestions, kudos, offers of help, or first born children are all appreciated.

Edited by orangedemi

Very cool, Congrats on starting with a very low poly count.

You might want to look into smoothing the normals on the track. And I think fallout supports UV animations, if you can set it up right, that would work great for making the tracks appear to be moving with minimal fuss. (basicly it would just scroll the texture on the track itself)

Very cool, Congrats on starting with a very low poly count.

You might want to look into smoothing the normals on the track. And I think fallout supports UV animations, if you can set it up right, that would work great for making the tracks appear to be moving with minimal fuss. (basicly it would just scroll the texture on the track itself)

ah thanks, and here i was thinking the poly count was a little too high.

and does the engine support uv animations? that would make things so much easier. for the last couple of hours ive been fighting with animation trying to get the tracks to move right XD

------------------------------------------------

Edit:

This dream died along with my computer

the modders resource with all i could scavange is here

Edited by orangedemi