How many followers do you use?

finalx31

kev, if you use amazing follower tweaks you can set it so they move to you when you draw your weapon (you can also make them move from in front of you to behind, which is very useful in some dungeons even with just the 1 follower)

it's also good for setting their equipment, fighting style and a few other tweaks

The only follower mod I'd really be interested in would be a fix for the Hunting Bow glitch. Almost all followers come with one, and pull it in preferance to any other bow you give them. You can pickpocket it (with the right perk) or buy it from a spouse, but it keeps coming back like a bad penny. It's not like you really need to enhance Jenassa much more, but she's an archer, you know? It would be nice if I could actually get her to use that Ebony Bow a lot of my characters end up carrying around. Or any of the other wonderful ones they have lying around, not to mention the ones you can make.

Oh, and on Steam. I haven't been able to stably DL, install, and run Nexus mods, yet.

Edited by Psiberzerker

Playstyle dictates the number, anywhere from 0 to 2.

If I'm hunting and sneaking in general, 0.

If I'm dungeon questing, 1 (usually Jenassa).

If I'm just feeling like bumrushing everything in berserker mode, 2 (i.e. Thalmor slaughtering at Northwatch Keep, some Civil War quests, some Forsworn camps, etc).

Don't get me wrong though, I have as many as 5-6 holed up in my primary residence as I change their default home.

One of my favorite tactics I employ at a place like Karthsprire is to billygoat my way up the ridge, which forces the 2 followers to take the long way and enter Karthspire completely opposite from my location. I stand on the ridge and snipe while they work their way towards me. As long as I don't snipe my followers it works great. Best sniping location in the game as far as I'm concerned.

The only follower mod I'd really be interested in would be a fix for the Hunting Bow glitch. Almost all followers come with one, and pull it in preferance to any other bow you give them. You can pickpocket it (with the right perk) or buy it from a spouse, but it keeps coming back like a bad penny.

It's actually not a glitch, it's intentional - I assume to help during fights with dragons. The follower alias in the DialogueFollower quest has a hunting bow and arrows in its inventory, and any vanilla follower gets slotted into that alias. There are mods that get rid of it, or you can easily make one yourself simply by loading up skyrim.esm, deleting the bow, and saving your changes into a new esp.

One of my favorite tactics I employ at a place like Karthsprire is to billygoat my way up the ridge, which forces the 2 followers to take the long way and enter Karthspire completely opposite from my location. I stand on the ridge and snipe while they work their way towards me. As long as I don't snipe my followers it works great. Best sniping location in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Ha!.. funny, I did the same thing a couple of times as my character is a pretty good archer!.. That "pretty good" archer nonetheless managed to kill Aela once, and had to reload....

Edited by Hoamaii

I usually have a horde of followers. But only use 1 or 2 at a time and keep the rest at our home. I use UFO with them marked as unessential so they die frequently, i find this just adds a bit of immersion since my character gets attached to the hardcore survivors :) Kind of like sidekicks/Best friend in his own story :thumbsup:

One. Meeko. He doesn't get in the way as often as humanoid followers and generally has no trouble surviving against whatever. If he decided to go kill a bear or whatever that I don't see and then notice he isn't following me, I just keep walking, knowing he generally shows up in a little bit. Humanoid followers? Forget it. If rabbits could get rabified in Skyrim, I would put my money down on the rabbit unless Meeko were fighting it. Just my personal experience which is probably a result of how I battle, but I just keep Lydia at Breezehome to "tend to the house." (Even though that means setting in the bedroom chair over and over for hours on end.)

Zero, one or two. My current character is so strong, he is an army unto himself anyway. Just enjoying kicking butt with a level 60 tank right now. Next playthrough I'll make it a lot tougher (mods) and I'll play a mage.

I know that a follower (or followers) can be kind of a pain but I actually enjoy the challenge of keeping them out of my way and keeping them alive. Makes me feel... heroic. :P