• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

kyles8282

kyles8282

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
when i pull up the manager it tells me to choose a game and i choose skyrim but then an error message pops up. ive tried opening it as an administrator as it suggests but that didnt work either. the only other safe option is says " Move Nexus Mod Manager's INSTALL INFO folder outside of the PROGRAM FILES folder (for example, to C:\Games\ModManagerInfo\Installinfo). dont know how to do this..... i tried but still couldnt find a wayAttached File  capp.JPG   55.33KB   27 downloads

Werne

Werne

Criminal Scum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Move Nexus Mod Manager's INSTALL INFO folder outside of the PROGRAM FILES folder (for example, to C:\Games\ModManagerInfo\Installinfo). dont know how to do this

Unistall it and reinstall in a new directory.

kyles8282

kyles8282

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you, it worked

prime730

prime730

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

im having the same problem.i also tried to uninstall and reinstall but it dont work for me...please help..ty

Hechtsuppe

Hechtsuppe

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

uhm i have this problem too, every time i try too start the mod manager with skyrim or any other game its says

" unable too get write permissions for: C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Install Info " 

btw i use steam so i dont really know where i can find it. im sorry if this is easy too find but i never treyed to install mod on steam games can someone please help me?

Werne

Werne

Criminal Scum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

uhm i have this problem too, every time i try too start the mod manager with skyrim or any other game its says

" unable too get write permissions for: C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Install Info "

Steam has nothing to do with it, it's UAC that's screwing with you. If you have Vista, Win7 or Win8, you'll have to install it outside of C:\Program Files\Nexus Mod Manager and you'll have to run it as an administrator.

I got NMM in C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Client on Win7, set it up to be run as an admin and it works like a charm.

ThePizza147

ThePizza147

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am having the same problem, but i just cant find the install info folder, i am not running anything on the admin profile, what should i do?

KubbyTheSpoon

KubbyTheSpoon

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've tried running nexus as admin but it doesnt work so I've tried moving the file out of Program Files and the same thing pops up. I don't get it, i did what it told me to do so what am I doing wrong?

KubbyTheSpoon

KubbyTheSpoon

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've tried running nexus as admin but it doesnt work so I've tried moving the file out of Program Files and the same thing pops up. I don't get it, i did what it told me to do so what am I doing wrong?

never mind, i fixed it: because i didn't have C:\Games, I created it in Program Files, copied the "C:\Program Files\Games", uninstalled nexus, re-installed it and pasted the link when it asks where you want the file saved onto....... yeah..... im not really good with all this so dunt judge >;1

KingKruger

KingKruger

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I normally just sift through forums to find an answer to the problems I experience, but I feel like I have a deep rooted issue with my laptop.

Toshiba C855-S5133
Proc: Intel i3-2348M @2.30GHz
Mem: 8.00 GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000

It's no gaming monster, but is perfectly capable of running Skyrim which I am running through Steam.

It started with just wanting to get Skyrim to run correctly on vanilla. It would start with playing in a small 800x600 windowed screen. Changes made in the launcher's options made no difference (still doesn't) but I managed to figure my way around that with making the correct changes in my SkyrimPrefs.ini file:

[Display]

bFull Screen=1
iSize H=720
iSize W=1280
Unfortunately I can't get it to run at a higher resolution - but it runs vanilla just fine.

I also bought Hearthfire...  that's when it got interesting. Data Files was greyed out and Skyrim was not loading my new DLC.
So after some research I discovered Nexusmods. Love it, but it has only made my mod interests grow =P. So I downloaded NMM and SKSE to hopefully bypass the game launcher and get any DLC and mods to load.
I can't get either of them to run either. *scratches head*
More research and frustration...  a reinstall of Skyrim (my d/l speeds are horrible and took me almost 3 days), SKSE and NMM (which had no effect) and I am still unable to play beyond vanilla. 

When I run NMM it just thinks about it for a second spinning it's little blue circle and ends. No windows or anything.
When I run SKSE I get an error message:

Assertion failed in .\IDebugLog.cpp <59>: SUCCEEDED<SHGetFolderPath<NULL, folderID, NULL, SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT, path>>

Now I am no expert, but I am not an idiot either. All programs are being run as Administrator. From what I can tell, I feel like somewhere in this laptop is something missing or wrong that isn't communicating where either Skyrim is located or some other misdirection. 

Help?

Page loaded in: 0.968 seconds