Photo

How do I upload mods to the Steam Workshop?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Murokmakto

Murokmakto

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

As you can read from the headline, I really do not know how to upload my mod to the steam workshop.

I follow the steps of the official tutorial. But at "File > Upload Plugin and Archive to Steam", I cant select any files. There are no files auto selected and there is no option to select any files. This window does normally show up, but thats as far as I can get. There are no further options, the "Pack Files" Button gets me to save my mod (but I havent selected anything). If i open up my Skyrim/Data folder beside the Creation Kit, and try to drag and drop my Mod files from there to the mod window, it just says that the selected data is not valid.

So, how do I select my Mod and finally upload it to the Steam workshop?

Murokmakto

Murokmakto

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Does no one knows any advice?

flobalob

flobalob

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
I don't use Steam myself, But I'll try.
The Creation Kit does not support drag and drop.
You have to open your mod by selecting the little folder icon in the top left corner (1) then selecting your mod from the list(2).
Make sure you press "Set as Active File" (3), and Finally "OK"(4). Wait for it to load.

This is where I start guesing. Then you "Should" be able to select "Upload Plugin and Archive to Steam"

Attached Files

Murokmakto

Murokmakto

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I don't use Steam myself, But I'll try.
The Creation Kit does not support drag and drop.
You have to open your mod by selecting the little folder icon in the top left corner (1) then selecting your mod from the list(2).
Make sure you press "Set as Active File" (3), and Finally "OK"(4). Wait for it to load.

This is where I start guesing. Then you "Should" be able to select "Upload Plugin and Archive to Steam"

Ok IŽll try that, thank you!

There is not a single tutorial about Uploading the mods (maybe i missed one but i dont think so), and the official tutorial gets me nowhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.897 seconds