fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT errors *FIXED*

steve40

Actually I did

4) start the game, enter the console and type "COC BrokenTowerRedoubt01" to fast travel to the cell that contains the faulty activator.
5) explore the area for a couple of minutes (this is just to make sure that the random dust drop effect script has loaded in that area).

Repeat steps 4 and 5 for any other locations that have buggy "fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT" scripts running.

How you explained it works for broken tower Redoubt, but it's not clear that for other locations you need the hold ID as well. for people who are not up on computer stuff, something that is oblivious for you, is not for me. Also I note you are a new dad, congrats, the best thing that will ever happen to you, but believe me the little critter will suck the brain cells from you and by the 13 month that which was clear and simple to you, is beyond what's left of your critical thinking skills. After the 2nd kid it gets worse. On the bright side it affects my wife the same way and she actually forgets some of the things I do wrong.

Where in my instructions does it say that you may arbitrarily abbreviate the location keywords in the console commands??? :armscrossed:
I'm not going to divine all the silly things that users might try to do and then tell them not to do it. Huh. :psyduck:

oblivious
adj.
1. Lacking all memory; forgetful.
2. Lacking conscious awareness; unmindful.

obvious
adj.
1. Easily perceived or understood; quite apparent.
2. Easily seen through because of a lack of subtlety; transparent: an obvious political ploy.

hold
v.intr.
1. To maintain a grasp or grip on something.
2. To stay securely fastened: The chain held.

whole
adj.
1. Containing all components; complete: a whole wardrobe for the tropics.
2. Not divided or disjoined; in one unit: a whole loaf.
3. Constituting the full amount, extent, or duration: The baby cried the whole trip home.
4. Not wounded, injured, or impaired; sound or unhurt: Many escaped the fire frightened but whole.
5. Having been restored; healed: After the treatment he felt whole.

:whistling:

Edited by steve40

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate deeply the work you have done for us and my error in spelling due to the braincell deficiency issue I mentioned in my earlier post. Being new to this it took me some time to realize that "BrokenTower" has the same value as "Solitude" in locating cells.

Hi steve40, I have to say that this is an easy follow through fix for a problem that I've been having so big props to your post

but..

I couldn't get this to work for some reason.

I followed the steps exactly as posted and I wasn't far along in my new game so I only had HelgenKeep01 that was causing the spam to be worked on.

Basically I couldn't get step 8 to work which is " 8 ) play the game for a few minutes, then check your papyrus logs."

The game looked to be working smoothly until I had a Black screen freeze and when I checked the papy log the dreaded dust log was showing.

I deleted my papy log at step 7 and also checked the time of the crash so I'm certain that the "fix" didn't work for some reason.

I don't know the exact reason why it didn't work but I do have some hunch about the failure.

I was thinking that since HelgenKeep01 is basically a dungeon with an entrance and exit, for the fix to work properly one has to "explore(i.e step 5)" the whole dungeon. The point being that I have already past the main questline so the passage midway through the dungeon is blocked!

So maybe I haven't "completely explored" the Helgen Keep?? I did move from the very entrance to the blocked off passage, so every part of the accessible place was thoroughly explored.

I don't know, I'm just postulating.

Well anyway it would be much appreciated if you could give me an advice on how to go about fixing this prob.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Again, thank you. I used this on an all-DLC-finished gamesave that didn't have the USKP fix and thus spamming the bug warning, and after applying the script, coc'd to BrokentowerRedoubt02 and stayed for a couple of minutes, then saved the game, and disabling it on MO, before running Skyrim again without the script, the dustdrop error was gone. :)

• 3 months later...

Now, a couple of years later, you can use SaveTool to delete fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT from your save file. I understand that the new fixed version, present in the Skyrim service pack, will replace it the next time you play. So, there is no need to start a new game. (Old Scripts are stored in your save file)

• 2 weeks later...

After using this method:

[08/25/2014 - 09:00:28AM] warning: Function fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT..OnLoad in stack frame 0 in stack 174753613 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[08/25/2014 - 09:00:28AM] warning: Function fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT..OnLoad in stack frame 0 in stack 174753608 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[08/25/2014 - 09:00:28AM] warning: Function fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT..OnLoad in stack frame 0 in stack 174753611 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[08/25/2014 - 09:00:28AM] warning: Function fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT..OnLoad in stack frame 0 in stack 174753614 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[08/25/2014 - 09:00:28AM] warning: Function fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT..OnLoad in stack frame 0 in stack 174753610 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[08/25/2014 - 09:00:28AM] Errors occurred while loading the Papyrus save game data
[08/25/2014 - 09:00:28AM] VM is thawing...

Got rid of my other errors, except for the ones that I cannot find the ID for.

• 4 months later...

Now, a couple of years later, you can use SaveTool to delete fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT from your save file. I understand that the new fixed version, present in the Skyrim service pack, will replace it the next time you play. So, there is no need to start a new game. (Old Scripts are stored in your save file)

Logged in just to say thanks for this. Worked for me. No more errors citing fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT so far