5363 replies to this topic

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #10213415.

Some of the ones in your list are already included: numbers 2, 4, 6, 7, 26

Look at the settings.ini file in SkyrimTPC for the whole list: https://code.google.com/p/skyrim-tpc/

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #10208288.

Better than that, it's compatible with SMIM 1.58, but you need to use SkyrimTPC for all the updates (https://code.google.com/p/skyrim-tpc/).

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #10208652.

I would check to see if those mods have .esp's and if they do check the mod info pages to see which should come first. If it's just meshes, then you can check the batch files for 1.95b or in SkyrimTPC to see which meshes got copied last.

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #10196405. #10196893, #10201196 are all replies on the same post.

You MUST use SkyrimTPC for any updates later than the versions talked about in this TPC. SkyrimTPC practically DOUBLES the number of texture mods supported and as far as I can tell they are all the LATEST versions.

https://code.google.com/p/skyrim-tpc/

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
Hi Drigger, it's me again your worst problem child. :-)

I see that you have 6 items listed in your [Compatibility Patches] section, but I can only find the first 3:

Tobes Highres Textures 1_2b SMIM Patch-1123-1-2 (available from Tobes' downloads)
HD Charcoal_ 1K - SMIM compatible-37556-1-0 (available from the HD Charcoal downloads)
SMIM compatibility patch-43221-1-3 (available from the Vivid Landscapes downloads)

But I can't locate the last 3:

Moss Rocks 1-4-31856-1-4
Stone Quarry for Superior Rock Textures - Light Grey-38479-1-0
Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn Addon -- fixed-41335-1-0

I checked the downloads pages for incompatible mods (SMIM, Moss Rocks, HD Stone Quarry, and SRTO DG, and Ash Rocks) but couldn't find them. Google searches came up empty. Anyone know where I can find these? Will my Skyrim melt a horrible death if I don't include these?

*UPDATE*: I found the last 3. The "Moss Rocks" patch is actually in the main download file (i.e. it's the same file) and the other 2 were in the download list of the conflicting mods, I just didn't look carefully enough!

Edited by Glanzer, 23 November 2013 - 12:54 AM.

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #10201937. #10205154, #10208938 are all replies on the same post.

I tried right-clicking the "Begin Combining" button but nothing happens when I do that. BUT, once I begin the combining process, then when I right-click the button a menu pops up with the Application settings choice, but the choice is grayed out! I'm using the latest 0.7.1.0 x64 version. Help?

Yes I did find the the DDSopt.ini file in the Include directory and I was glad to find special handling for WATER and Pure Waters (I assume that it's not optimizing those because everyone says "don't optimize you're water textures" blah blah). But being a DDSOpt dunce of course I have no idea how to modify the file or even if I should. So I'm leaving it alone. I was just hoping that the GUI would hand hold me a bit. I've optimized textures using DDSOpt using Neovalen's "Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition" guide and it wasn't that hard, though the guide tells us EXACTLY what to do.

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #10195375.

I think this would be nice too. But after a point it would get really tedious, especially for us average users. If I had to go through 50 TPC mods and be sure to include just the ones I wanted and make sure they didn't conflict, etc... I already do that for the 100 mods I'm using outside the TPC, having to do that inside the TPC would be a nightmare. BUT I do agree that some explanation is needed about which files are used and what takes precedence between them.

I'm hoping the following is the case, Drigger could you confirm?

1. Textures are used in order of increasing density. That is, all the "lite" or "high performance" textures are first copied using the light batch files.
2. Then the medium textures are copied, and if any textures conflict they are overwritten.
3. Finally the high or ultra textures are copied, and if any textures conflict they are overwritten.

This results in the highest (best) textures being used, especially if someone is stupid enough to download ALL textures for every mod. How else would the batch files decide? I hope this is already happening, especially if users assume they can mix and match different resolutions, for example 1k for mostly outside textures and 2k/4k for mostly inside textures.

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #10184932. #10195190 is also a reply to the same post.

Make sure the following subdirectories exist where your SkyrimTPC_launcher.exe resides, if they don't then you need to download the whole package because you're missing stuff. The x86 and x64 directories are where the 7zip and DDSOpt executables reside:

Graphics
Include
Locale
Logs
x64
x86

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #9986223.

Yup, had the same problem with Avast. I just went into the Avast config and excluded the directory.

Glanzer

Glanzer

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 696 posts
In response to post #9965301.

"By the way the main static mesh improvement esp is not needed if the USKP is installed"

I don't know about you guys but I've had to track every single mod in this TPC in my skyrim document file where I've listed every other mod I'm using and what configuration is needed at every step of the install. Including your note above! Someday I hope to be able to play Skyrim not just try to finish modding it. LOL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.004 seconds