Most mods make me crash

Andros88

Most mods crash my game, it gets to right after the Bethesda logo and just crashed. Also The sky UI works but gives me a message that it's not working right due to an update I might have done which I have not. Any idea what I can do, I can provide any information necessary.

Having the same Problem. Im trying to see if starting with only a few mods will work, and will try to label them too. If anyone knows a way to get around it, please let me know

ALSO! Just tested some mods off, but now i have some really buggy pixels and flashing color planes all over the place.

im running a pretty good Rig, dual Radeon ATI 6790's but ill check the drivers on those. Ugh. It's irritating.

Edited by Reikah

I'm having the same issue. Almost every mod i've tried just CTD when it gets to the dragon diamond. All i'm trying to run is the Riverhelm, King of Riverhelm, Enhanced High Level Gameplay, and UFO. I've got the Quality Map to work and SkyUI, but nothing else will. I've tried them all one at a time, ran BOSS, installed manually and with NMM, but nothing is working. I can run Skyrim just fine on my laptop and i dont think its a Mod overlap issue. My laptop is pretty good, only thing that could be killing it is the video card. Specs are as follows, Windows 7 64 bit, 8gb ram, 2.4GHz I5 processor, 500gb hard drives, and Intel HD graphics card. Any idea whats causing this?

1 - Did you read the authors readme file or description page on how to install?

2 - Does your PC meet the games minimum requirements?

3 - Does the mod require Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)?

4 - Did you alter any ini files? you might need to add a line to one of them to get them to work properly

this is the example I use, not my words

hello guys first time i write a comment but i had same issues most people had and here are ways to solve them.

1st issue data file doesnt work go to mydocuments/mygame/skyrim/skyrimprefs

is a notepad file look for laucher in there and add the last file

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=3

bEnableFileSelection=1

5 - manually installation of mods isn't very hard to do and most mods get missed up by NMM and some mod authors advise against using it

Can't think of anymore help, close to bedtime for me

Edited by sinnerman69

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog. .

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Most mods crash my game, it gets to right after the Bethesda logo and just crashed. Also The sky UI works but gives me a message that it's not working right due to an update I might have done which I have not. Any idea what I can do, I can provide any information necessary.

In order for SkyUI to work properly, you need the Skyrim Script extender- also referred to as SKSE. That's why you're getting that message. You can download it here:SKSE . Simple to install.

You also may have more mods that require it and will not work without it.

The troubleshooting guide listed above is invaluable. I run 120 mods and do not have crashing issues.

Edited by lsinsocal