2012..it's not the end of the world..but

mizdarby

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple of events/theory's that might bring on the end of the world most will not occur in our lifetime:

1. There is an astoroid known as aphosis that will come really close to the earth in 2029 and there is a small chance (1 in 100 i think) it will hit a gravity pocket and hit the earth 7 years later (that gives us 7 years to destroy it so i am not worried about it) it came pretty close to us back in 03

2. If the sun expoles (goes supernova) but mankind will probably have relocated by then

3. If the sun turns into a red dwarf and expands (engulfing Mercury and Venus) and literately char the earth

4. The big rip which is to occur in 50 billion years when the universe literately pulls apart and ends everything every planet, star and galaxy

5. probably the biggest chance, is if a stupid war is started for whatever reason and 2 superpowers get involved and a large scale nuculer war occur

6. Alien invasion (had to throw it in there)

7. Global warming

Thats all i know, but 2012 is of course just a hoax ... I think 2029 will be an exiting year if a bit scary

1 Apophis will be quite a sight in the night sky 2029, and indeed does have a very small chance of hitting the earth on the return leg. Named after an evil egyptian god/deity which ate the sun (Ra) every night.

2. Sun is not massive enough to go supernova, so can't happen. Unless the aliens have some sort of star exploding super weapon

3. Expected final destination of the sun (red giant anyhow), it will certainly vapourise the earth. Is a long time before that happens (approx 5 billion years or so)

4 Everything ends then, even atomic particles are pulled into sub-atomic parts. Of course the earth would have been vapourised by the sun well before the big rip happens.

5 I get first dibs on Christmas Island if that happens, so my favourite one.

6 Mathematically the Milky Way (our galaxy) is teeming with life. So at least one species would have developed interstellar travel (think the maths says there are about 8 such technologically advanced races). Why any race would want to invade the earth is beyond me, but it's not impossible

7 Global warming, so the world of scientist say, is happening right here and now. Climates of course over epochs, for instance the Devonian period was about 6 °C hotter than it is today, the seas over a 100 m higher on average, and CO2 levels were over 5 times greater than current CO2 levels. There may well large rises in sea level, increased storm activies etc, but probably not for some decades yet.

Good post, thanks.