Fallout 3 new game crash

Theylorn

when i click new game for fallout 3 it will go to the load screen then crash after a few seconds i know this has probably been mentioned before but please help i just got this pc its a gateway with an intel core i5 @ 2.8 Ghz with 6 gig ddr3 ram window 7 home premium 64 bit and a intel hd graphic family vid card (rent to own on pc so cant put new vid card in yet) i have updated the driver of the vid card thinkning that might be the problem set it to run as windows vista service pack 2 and as admin can anyone help me and yes i have added the the bit the account for multi-core processor Edited by Theylorn

This is your problem: intel hd graphic family vid card. You can search the troubleshooting posts for a .dll you can add to your Fallout3.ini to trick the game into thinking you have a real video card. However, this could lead to overheating and permanent damage to your PC. You would use this at your own risk.

I had this problem with my Dell Latitude E3400 with Intel GMA 4000 HD. Fallout 3 requires Directx 10 to run, which Intel graphics cards can barely run. You need to find a Directx 9.0 .dll, like the guy mentioned below. I found this forum in the Oldbivion site and it helped me run Fallout 3 without any problems.

http://www.oldblivion.com/sm/index.php?topic=6928.0

Follow the steps and you will finally play Fallout 3, but it will cause crashes at different points and the heads will be messed up. To fix the heads, You need to open the fallout.ini in

Let's assume, C:/Users/[username]/Documents/My Games/Fallout/

Open the .ini and change entry following with:

bDisableHeadTracking = 0

bFixFaceNormal = 1

And I think that's it.