Papyrus Script Errors and Warnings Discussion

blitzen

The predator script works, its just he zipped up the folder with the wrong directories linked.

Everything in the data folder in the .rar archive needs to be put in the scripts folder, not data.

Put "LvlPredatorScript.pex" into DATA/SCRIPTS.

(optional) Put "LvlPredatorScript.psc" into DATA/SCRIPTS/SOURCE

Its further down the forum page...

Update your first post in that thread please steve, it's confusing.

Edit: Also still CTDing. Still think the issue is DuelSheathRedux. That magic effect error is just to present to often for it not to be some how related.

• 5 months later...

I Have the Predator Mod TOO as You can see! However my problem is with the " Stargate Mod Version 1 " I have installed! My Problem is I'm Trying to ADD MORE Gates ALL over SKYRIM as YOU can SEE by My pics on my Profile and the mod works GREAT its just when I add a gate and play the game the gate DOES dial but a ERROR message that says " Cannot Dial Gate Because it is NOT Positioned Correctly " THIS GETS REALLY ANNOYING!!! ANYONE KNOW HOW to FIX THIS PROBLEM??? NO MATTER WHAT I seem to do NOTHING Happens!!!

@ModderMatt

Don't know anything about that mod, but I'd suspect it is related to that mod rather than an issue with the game. Do you place these gates in the CK? If so, then perhaps you ought to check how the author did the original gates. Perhaps they designed them to be set up in a certain manner.

Oh boy.. I just enabled my Papyrus log tosee why I've been getting so many crashes but I've no idea what they mean, please help!!

[11/08/2013 - 11:32:47AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[11/08/2013 - 11:32:47AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[11/08/2013 - 11:32:47AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[11/08/2013 - 11:32:59AM] Cannot open store for class "dlc1scwispwallscript", missing file?
[11/08/2013 - 11:32:59AM] Cannot open store for class "DLC2BenthicLurkerFXSCRIPT", missing file?
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:04AM] warning: Property ATMain on script AT_OnLoadScript attached to alias AliasforPlayer on quest AT_QST113 (300058DF) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:04AM] warning: Property pTG05KarliahInvisibilitySpell on script QF_TG05_00021551 attached to TG05 (00021551) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:04AM] warning: Property TG05KarliahInvisibilitySpell on script tg06questscript attached to TG06 (00021552) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:04AM] Error: Property ExclusiveCellList on script avquestscript attached to AVQuestScript_qust (61000D6D) cannot be initialized because the value is the incorrect type
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:04AM] Error: Property NPCTilma on script QF_SkyforgeSteelWeaponsQuest_02003DEF attached to SkyforgeSteelWeaponsQuest (3E003DEF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0003BDE9) is not the right type
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:04AM] VM is freezing...
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:04AM] VM is frozen
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:05AM] Reverting game...
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:05AM] Error: Property ExclusiveCellList on script avquestscript attached to AVQuestScript_qust (61000D6D) cannot be initialized because the value is the incorrect type
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:05AM] Error: Property NPCTilma on script QF_SkyforgeSteelWeaponsQuest_02003DEF attached to SkyforgeSteelWeaponsQuest (3E003DEF) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0003BDE9) is not the right type
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:05AM] warning: Property pTG05KarliahInvisibilitySpell on script QF_TG05_00021551 attached to TG05 (00021551) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:05AM] warning: Property TG05KarliahInvisibilitySpell on script tg06questscript attached to TG06 (00021552) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[11/08/2013 - 11:33:05AM] warning: Property ATMain on script AT_OnLoadScript attached to alias AliasforPlayer on quest AT_QST113 (300058DF) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
When I run BOSS everything seems to be fine. When I run TESEdit, everything seems to be fine, when I run Wrye Bash, on the Saves tab everything seems to be fine (all blue checks). And now I see my Papyrus log and I think WHAT THE HECK?!!
Edited by phryxolydian

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I am trying to edit a script from Hearthfire in the CK, but am getting an error during compiling. I am trying to edit "byohhouseesscript" under "BYOHHouseFalkreath" and am getting the following error:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "byohhousescript"...
<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script byohhousescript
No output generated for byohhousescript, compilation failed.
Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on byohhousescript
How do I point the CK or Papyrus Compiler to the correct location? I know the file exists and I am able to edit values for it in the CK, but I am unable to compile it. Any help would be welcome.

• 1 month later...
[None]._WetColdBreathFast.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?

[None]._WetColdBreathFast.OnUpdate() - "_wetcoldbreathfast.psc" Line ?

[01/23/2014 - 07:06:50AM] Error: Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[None]._WetColdBreathActor.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?

[None]._WetColdBreathActor.OnUpdate() - "_wetcoldbreathactor.psc" Line ?

Just started a new game and i am getting this just on the wagon ride to get my head chopped off. Should i uninstall wet and cold?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm starting this topic to facilitate the discussion of messages that are logged in the papyrus logs. These may or may not be followed immediately by a game crash (CTD) or lockup. Some of the messages are errors, some are warnings, and some appear to be informational status messages. For those who don't know, Papyrus is the scripting language that Skyrim uses. You can turn logging on by including the following in the Skyrim.ini file.

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

On Windows 7, the logs will appear in the following folder: \Users\<account name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script

You will see several log files there. The one containing the most recent activity will be named "Papyrus.0.log"

These are basic text files, and can be viewed with a standard text editor, such as WordPad or Notepad++. Basic Notepad doesn't format it correctly since it does not seem to recognize the end-of-line characters.

You can find readable scripts where Skyrim is installed, located by default under ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source. These are the viewable source files for papyrus scripts, and have a ".psc" file extension, which you will not see if you do not have windows configured to display file extensions. These are not used directly when the game is running. They must be compiled into ".pex" files, which are located one folder up from the source files. If you see a scripting error in the log, you can go look at the script source file and see what it was doing. I use Notepad++, which displays line numbers, so it's easy to find the line. You may see something like this:

[ (1B008EA6)].FXBirdFleeSCRIPT.OnCellAttach() - "FXBirdFleeSCRIPT.psc" Line 19

Note that "1B008EA6" is the ID of the object associated with the script execution, and the "1B" is the mod index, so that you can tell which mod the object came from. In this case, it's Birds.esp (not to pick on this mod, since it's working fine).

Thank you SO SO MUCH for explaining this, I've been going nuts trying to figure out what those codes mean in hopes of tracking down which mods are causing erros. ty.

Just one question- I'm assuming that some of these "errors" are pretty much negligible? Since you said for example that the birds one can simplye be overlooked (which, by the way, is how I found this topic via google search on that script error).. although on mine it's coming from 00?? to be exact:

(000BCD35)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (0010C334)].FXBirdFleeSCRIPT.OnCellAttach() - "FXBirdFleeSCRIPT.psc" Line 21

• 2 years later...

So I have altered my Skyrim.ini file to allow for Papyrus to spawn a Debug report due to some custom animations not working as they should. So after altering, I repeated my problem, saved my game just in case, then closed Skyrim.

My issue? Papyrus doesn;t seem to want to spawn the debug report. So much so that even the folders Logs and Script don't appear. Should I add these folders manually and pray this fixes things?