Dragonrend could save Tamriel again?

Dovahkiin069

furthermore if a dev says its true, then it is.

Partly wrong.

If a lore/story developer says it is correct, and is backed up by their own lore, then it most likely is. If a 3d modeller comes in and tells you "Yo brah! Alduin is my *censored*!", you would do bad listening to him over the given lore/common sense/story developers.

When a fantasy universe grows big enough, developers lose controll over what is "right" and "wrong" themself, and is in theory limited to the lore they build. Of course, some games have shown to crash that, but the same games also got burned for it.

And yet he has been rehired to write several books including

-The Commentaries on the Mysterium Zarxes

-The song of Pelinal

-The Remanada

All three of which were new to Oblivion

He also wrote

-Mankar Cameron's speech, the one he gave in paradise

-The Knights of the Nine DLC story

-Heimskr's Talos speech for Skyrim

His work "The Seven Fights of The Aldudagga" gave birth to the giant's swirl patterns, and the painted cows, in Skyrim.

The concept of the towers that hold up the world, that first appeared in Kirkbride's "Nu-Mantia Intercept" was mentioned in Skyrim in "The book of the Dragonborn"

Kirkbride does not "work" at Bethesda as his job, but he is still good friends with them, writes things for them when they ask, and Bethesda is very keen on integrating the works he makes in his free time into the games themselves.

Kirkbride is for all intensive purposes still an official lore writer for Bethesda, and is considered to be canon by the community.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Yes I am aware of his work and his point of view, but getting back to the debate about Alduin being a 'god', it seems to me that the gods and daedric princes all have some kind of shrine or monument and followers of some sort. Has Alduin? Other than the misguided dragon priests, I mean

All Nords still believe in Alduin, and acknowledge his place at the world eater.

And lets not forget the dual existence of Shor and Akatosh.

Worshiping Shor is Worshiping Akatosh

Worshiping Akatosh is worshiping Shor

Worshiping Shor is worshiping Alduin

Worshiping Akatosh is worshiping Alduin

And all other possible combinations of the three

Edited by sajuukkhar9000