Automatic Variants

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,560 posts
@Acratenn. Lets give it another try OK. Uninstall AV/AVP's and reinstall the lot using NMM. If you have installed AV and or AVP's using NMM uninstall them using NMM and delete AV and AVP's in NMM. Afterwards check if the directory Data\SkyProc Patchers\Automatic Variants\ is empty or gone. If NOT delete the dir and its subdirs. Goto Data\textures\AV Packages and delete it. Last thing todo is to remove Data\Automatic Variants.esp. Now all relevant AV stuff is deleted. If NOT installed using NMM its even easier. Delete dir Data\SkyProc Patchers\Automatic Variants\ completely. Delete dir Data\textures\AV Packages completely. Delete Data\Automatic Variants.esp. Now all relevant AV stuff is deleted. For completeness sake there is another file called 'consistency' somewhere out of reach and safe (which allowed you to remove file Automatic Variants.esp in the first place. Installing ------------ Install AV using NMM. Open AV and now no AV packages should be shown. Exit AV. Install Insanity using NMM. Goto dir Data\SkyProc Patchers\Automatic Variants\AV Packages which should now have a InsanitySorrow directory. Now start AV. Now the mentioned dir should disappear and be moved to Data\textures\AV Packages. If all is well AV now shows the Insanity package and AV detects that a patch has to be created on exiting AV (with the X sign on windows of AV)

Edited by wolverine2710, 06 August 2012 - 12:19 PM.

Acratenn

Acratenn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
Nope, didn't work. Same results.

wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,560 posts
@Acratenn. Installed with NMM correct. And the files are NOT moved correct. Is a Skyproc Debug dir created (Do a force a patch on exit). after exiting AV. This one has information about what AV sees. Also in the file dir Files there is a savefile file which hold AV settings and show what AVP's are enabled and disabled..... Do the permission allow that files are created in Data/Textures/ BTW Do you have the dawnguard DLC installed? And what version of Skyrim (as in LANGUAGE) are you using? If all fails I have one more trick on my sleaf which I haven't tested before. Not sure if this works but you can try. Exit AV. Now Move the AVP's to the Data/Textures/\AV Packages dir and start AV. This is where AV expects them in the first place. If you STILL don't see an AVP do a Gather&Exit. This sometimes goes wrong however.... If all that fails I'm gonna bang my head against the wall till it hurts ;-(

Edited by wolverine2710, 06 August 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Acratenn

Acratenn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
@wolverine2710
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to help.
I moved the packages, they sill didn't show.
I tried the Gather&Exit button and it didn't have any effect either.

wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,560 posts
@ Acratenn. My bag of tricks is empty! (seems to be empty quite a lot of times lately). In the README Leviathan1753 describes in full how to file a bug report. Please sent this to him. He can and will help you further.

Humor me, open a cmd windows (dos box) an give the command 'java -version' . This should show something like this:

java version "1.7.0_05"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b05)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

This is Java 7.

Should anyone here have an idea of how to get this working feel free to post. Perhaps I'm missing something vital here.

PS. Just put on a helmet ;-)

Edited by wolverine2710, 06 August 2012 - 12:56 PM.

Acratenn

Acratenn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
C:\Users\Acratenn>"c:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -version
java version "1.7.0_03"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_03-b05)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 22.1-b02, mixed mode)

And please don't call it DOS box. cmd.exe is cmd.exe. DOSbox.exe is something completely different.

malkav17

malkav17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
Hi all, trying to create some new package. So i have a folder with the different variants of the animal and I press Create new variant, than i put a name for the new package and press next,and now im on the page where is Packager and original content authors. I fill it and press next and nothing happens.
What is wrong?
Otherwise the program is working in Skyrim. I just cant create my own packages.
Thanks

wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,560 posts
@malkav17. It has been reported by two users that create variant atm does not work. Leviathan1753 knows it and is iirc fixing it for the next update of AV. Otherwise this issue would have bitten me by now... But what you can do is create an AVP manually. Its how I always have done it. For already av-tized NPC's this is easy. Basically copy/paste from existing AVP's and replacing existing textures with your own. Works like a charm.

Edited by wolverine2710, 06 August 2012 - 02:06 PM.

wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,560 posts
@Acratenn. It is how I always call it but yes you are a correct (its an open source DOS emulator). Java version seems OK. Is the .jar extension on your system ALSO associated with this java version? There are report of ppl who had problems with Java when they first had Java 6 installed. The readme describes this, also in earlier posting here it has been discussed.

Edited by wolverine2710, 06 August 2012 - 02:00 PM.

Richard7666

Richard7666

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
I followed the instructions to a T, opted to use Bellyache's pack. However, the patch is created on closing the program, I have it at the bottom of my load order, but the variants don't show up in game?

Basically, the patch doesn't do anything for me.

The program has correctly moved the textures to ...Data\textures\AV Packages\Bellyaches Animals, and I can see the dependencies for my various monster mods etc in the Automatic Variants.esp

Help? :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.159 seconds