Official Hi-Res packs and body mods?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Mookeylama

Mookeylama

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,383 posts
i recall reading something about having to tweak something to get the packs to play nice w/ my body mods. just installed them and i think i'm getting neck and wrist seams now. what exactly needs to be tweaked? thanks

Mookeylama

Mookeylama

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,383 posts
anyone

Mr. Bravo

Mr. Bravo

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 501 posts
Never heard of it and I'm having no problems with any of the body-mods I'm using for both males and females.

Maybe you're thinking of the BSA overriding, which I'm not sure is an issue anymore (Long time since I reinstalled the game). Anyways, here's the how-to-fix-guide just in case, if you're having any problems;

How to use the new Official Hi-Res texture pack with user created mods:

1. Disable or delete the esps that came with the official texture pack.

2. Backup then open
SteamAppsCommonSkyrimSkyrim_default.ini
&
DocumentsMy GamesSkyrimSkyrim.ini

3. Change this in both files:
[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

To this:
[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

4. Save both files.

Now user created mods will be able to override what they need to override in the official texture pack.

Mookeylama

Mookeylama

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,383 posts
yep, that's it. thank you! so if it's not needed anymore, ya think it'll hurt anything if i add them to the inis and uncheck the esps anyway?

kevkiev

kevkiev

don't taze me, bro

• Premium Member
  • 1,961 posts

yep, that's it. thank you! so if it's not needed anymore, ya think it'll hurt anything if i add them to the inis and uncheck the esps anyway?

I've seen little hints that it's not needed anymore too, but I just keep doing what I've always done (ie following the stuff in Mr. Bravo's post) and don't have any problems. I just started using body replacers myself - with seams, have you installed a cbbe3 (if you're using that) face texture pack as well? (kinda stumped about the hands tho. um... no pun intended)

Mookeylama

Mookeylama

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,383 posts
i'm using a UPN body w/ Sporty body textures. also navetsu (sp) faces (search "Thepal"). and that's kinda why i made this topic. i had NO seams at all, but after installing the HD packs, i'm seeing seams. but i also had been trying other body textures out too, so that's why i made this topic, to rule out that the hd packs were the problem. but after setting up the hd packs as described above, i still see seams, so i guess it was my body texture swapping. i switched to Tiger (something)'s Muscle bod, and i think it's just incompatible w/ the UPN mesh i'm using. tho i'm keeping it cause it makes my slim warrior lady look super ripped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.758 seconds