Dawnguard - Prophet Quest Bug

LiamAether

I've sided with the vampire and I was told to retrieve a moth priest to read an elder scroll. Problem is, after I release the moth priest and defeat him, I'm unable to thrall him. The option to feed or talk/pickpocket pops up, but feeding doesn't do anything, I can select feeding over and over again, but nothing happens and eventually the vampire seduction spell runs out. Any way to fix this?

The Vampire's seduction power did nothing for me... not even the "feed" option was available.

I managed to fix that by not moving when you deactivate the barrier and wait for the quest log to tell you to defeat him.

However, now the feed-option does nothing and I have no clue what is causing this glitch...

Sorry I can't help...

If you can't feed uninstall vamp mods, had that problem. The thrall bug I could not fix i tryed reloading a save, Starting a new game, everything. Then it hit me I was a derp setstage DLC1VQ03Vampire 70 And hes now your thrall:D

@Bloodx thanks very much I was unsure if a console command would fix this bug it seems it does so once again thanks i must have spent a good hour trying myself, BTW to anyone who experenced the bug when a certain npc(forgot the name) attackes you after you select to become a vampire then go out as a lord and use the console to disable her (open console select her disable command ) take note of her refrence id and later when

you get attacked by two vampires well one if you did this due to the bug simply put in the console prid the refrence id then enter and then enable and enter.

Also the reason for going out as a VL is so that no other vampires attack you.

I also hit a bug with that quest playing as a DawnGuard. The Moth priest starts reading the scroll (stage 100) and then enters a 'this person is Busy' State... Your quest objective is to talk to the moth priest - who is now too busy to talk!

Had to progress the quest with "SetStage dlc1vq03Hunter 200" from console to move on with the DLC so just posting in case anyone else is having the same issue while playing on the DawnGuard side.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Moth Priest seems to have contracted the Rage virus from 28 Days Later in my game. He is supposed to help us Dawnguard folk, instead he is just full of rage and attacks us. What a game breaker!