Dawnguard Vampire Seduction

aditza35

I've just installed Dawnguard and I can't feed off NPCs that I used Vampire Seduction on. I can feed off cattle normally and I don't know what the problem is, it seems to be on my end too (something I might be doing wrong).

Explanation: I use Vampire's Seduction on any non-vampire NPC, I get the dialogue option (Feed + Talk black box) but whenever I click *Feed* nothing happens, no animation.

I have no vampire mods or any mod that can conflict with this. Can anyone offer any insight or make a mod that helps solve it (like, a correct script or something?). Thank you.

Just to get this out of the way you may want to post the mods your currently using in their load order, but if your just looking for confirmation that someone has it working <.< Works fine here!

Not that it will likely be of any help, but here goes'

I'm using version 1.6 w/ Dawnguard enabled, started a new game and used Alternative Start - Live Another Life to begin as a vampire in a secluded lair, the two vampires there were bugged to be bald or at least I think bugged, I don't recall them being bald in the past - regardless - I killed them both, and have since moved on to about 30% through the main questline of Skyrim (not dawnguard) level 9 with only one lockup -- After character creation, made it about 20 minutes and froze as I headed toward Helgen to begin the main quest, loaded the latest save and have since put down about 7-10 hours into Skyrim without any issues. This ranges from Crossbow working fine (Animations play, reloads fine, ect... but as noted I'm not level 10 yet, so I used the console to create a dwarven crossbow and bolts various bolts and enjoyed it for awhile - until I noticed the bolts seem way to far off my back; and that bugged me to much so I switched back to my Ebony longbow <.< Yeah, I'm a dirty cheater! Also consoled in the basic vampire armor, boots and gauntlets.. all show fine, my eyes look fine (but uh, do not use the blind-white eyes provided by a mod.. I think Apachi .. cause I used one blind eye one brown and ended up with only one red eye <.< the blind stays blind.. err.. well I suppose .. that's a really cool nifty feature, but I hated it :P) to Vampiric Seduction, functioned fine .. thouuuugh I did make the guards angry and die half a minute later, it still worked! ;3

Note to self: Do not use in public.. psh.. why doesn't my character kiss the victim on the lips and be all awesome and just start kissing down the neck and bite then; all normal like "We're just having a bit of fun, stop staring!"

Note to self #2: .. new mod request for smexy kiss transition to vamp bite that doesn't alarm guards...

I've seen plenty of other vampires around, all seem to be going about what they are suppose to .. and all the mods still seem working.

(Since most are pretty common mods, thought I'd post my loadorder aswell just to confirm what seems to work w/ dawnguard, at least until you start trying the dawnguard mainquest anyway. Haven't gotten that far to find out.. but the game itself is stable like this, thus far.)

ESM Files

Skyrim

Update

Climates of Tamriel

ApachiiHair

SkyMoMod

ESP Files

iHUD

dD - Enhanced Blood

DeadlySpellImpacts

Climates of Tamriel-Dungeons&Interiors

StaticMeshImprovements

ExtendedSliderColors

Presets (A face preset mod)

Alternate Start

Chesko_Frostfall

CampingKitNorthernRanger

MasterTheTimeAndSpace

WeaponsOf3E

Immersive Armors (hothtrooper44_armorcompliation)

Dread Huntress Armor

1nivWICCloaks

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

BuildableHouse

BirdsofSkyrim

SkyMoMod_lists (Lore Friendly)

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Convenient Horses

The Dance of Death

Duel - Combat Realism

ACE (EXCEPT Combat-Duel Handles that)

Edited by Satorinu

Thank you but I have tried everything, including removing ALL the mods and leaving only official files on (skyrim.esm, dawnguard.esm and update.esm). Same problem. I can't damn feed using Vampire's Seduction and it's affecting my quests.

Forgot to mention: This with a completely new save.

Edited by aditza35

Thank you but I have tried everything, including removing ALL the mods and leaving only official files on (skyrim.esm, dawnguard.esm and update.esm). Same problem. I can't damn feed using Vampire's Seduction and it's affecting my quests.

Forgot to mention: This with a completely new save.

o.o

Nhhh!

Well your certainly using seduction right, just another 'power' that's used like a shout and they get all green and goo'y'd "Pretty colors" look on the victims face, click to talk and the box to either feed or talk comes up .. feed and done! Being that's it a new save with no mods, the only idea I come up with is .. uhh.. hoping.. your using a really old version of skyrim and just need an update :D Alternatively.. maybe it's only working so flawless for me because I'm using 1.6 instead of 1.7, no clue.. may avoid updating for ages because of it though.

Edit!

Note I haven't went into the Dawnguard main quest yet, so I don't know what the person says about seduction .. but you do need them to be standing up and not asleep/sitting for it to work.

Edited by Satorinu

I solved it!! What I did:

Disabled all the mods using Nexus Mod Manager (easier to install/reinstall mods)

Checked Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins -> deleted everything (new patch anyway)

Checked Skyrim/Data/Scripts -> deleted everything except Source folder (leftover scripts from the time I didn't use managers)

And now it works. No more problems.

I solved it!! What I did:

Disabled all the mods using Nexus Mod Manager (easier to install/reinstall mods)

Checked Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins -> deleted everything (new patch anyway)

Checked Skyrim/Data/Scripts -> deleted everything except Source folder (leftover scripts from the time I didn't use managers)

And now it works. No more problems.

Very tricksy of you o.o

Congratulations at any rate! :D

Hope you aren't bothered by this but I posted your solution (quoting you) in the "Dawnguard is bugged" thread since it seems like a viable solution for some of the bugs they were having. Specifically the weirdness of going first person camera and it forces them back in to third person, certainly sounds like SKSE / mod scripts would be to blame.. who knows!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem, wish I knew which mod is causing this. I use Vampire Seduction, but when I press talk, it just talks, never get any feed option.

Well i had same problem as you guys. I managed it simplier as i could. The troublemaker seems to be IMPS more complex needs mod but it can also be frostfall mod (i deactivated both at same time). So what i did:

1)Paused both modes in game so i didn't loose statistics.

2)Saved the game.

3) Deactivated both modes in Mod Manager.

4)Launched skyrim, loaded last save, I've bitten the monk while on seduction (i didn't get any animation just info that he has been infected - the quest moved on).

5)Again i saved game. Exit Skyrim.

6)Activated IMPS and Frostfall in mod manager, launched game, loaded last save, activated both modes in game.

Doing that way, you can play game without loosing any currently progress you gained playing your modes.

• 1 month later...

had the same issue

in my case it was following issue

originally i didnt had dawnguard and used advancedvampires.

than i bought dawnguard and installed bettervampires

totally forgot that advancedvampires was also active.

-> couldnt feed.

after removing advanced vampires everything wored (bettervampires is a much deeper overhaul+takes the dawnguard upgrade into consideration)

cheers

• 3 months later...

Glad you guys got it fixed, but I've tried everything and no luck :(

After removing *all* mods, deleting everything except official DLC files from the data folder and making a new save slot I can only suppose my save file is bugged?

My first instance with this bug was at the monk, where you free him from the magic prison and are supposed to make him your thrall. I could not find a workaround other than simply advancing the quest via console commands found on the UESPWiki.

Second encounter is with the radiant Allegiance quest, where you have to make a thrall out of some random NPC's.

My symptoms: I can get to the "feed" option after casting seduction, and feeding does lower my vampirism level, but the NPC would not become a thrall. I can't find the setstage command for these radiant quests else I'd have just consoled it too. Now I'm stuck with this allegiance quest :/

No idea how to clean my save game if that is truly the issue since loading the game utterly bare bones isn't working.